Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Les

Vorwerk Carpets
« on: April 03, 2008, 08:27:22 am »
I have to clean some reasonably new Vorwerk carpeting on a Landing and Stairway.

The customer advises me that it is 'Dry Clean' only.

I've done a search on the Internet which sort of suggests buying a Vorwerk Dry Cleaning System......
which adds up to about a grand  :o

Has anyone any experience of Vorwerk Carpets and relevant cleaning advice please ?

Les

elliott cleaning

Re: Vorwerk Carpets
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 11:32:14 pm »
Yes I have cleaned Vorwerk carpets on a few occassions. Vorwerk is just a German carpet manufacturer producing carpets no different from manufacturers here.  I have always HWE them for best results.  Unless this is some novel line that they now produce you should be quite safe. If in doubt I am sure any LM system could be used

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 01:34:05 am »
Les

They are bound to push dry their vacuums have attachments for this (got two VK121 cc attachments for sale).

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

prodry

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 01:53:46 pm »
They are German made carpets in the English Style (Axminster). They are recommended by Vorwerk to be glued as most wooven carpets in Europe are. You will probably find they are not as most British wooven carpets are laid with gripper rods. Their new range (like Axminsters new range) also includes non-wooven carpets.

Should have no problems with HWE provided you do not over wet and if you do provided they are well fitted.

Les

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 08:59:13 pm »
Thanks for the replies.....

which I'm reading now I've done the job .

I wish I'd seen them prior to using the 'Mop Bucket & Squeegy' Method  :o

I did go for HWE, keeping moisture to an absolute minimum as I read on the Vorwerk website to avoid this method if the carpets haven't been securely fitted.

These carpets had been fitted using gripper rod and not glued. It showed too as they did not lay flat and the customer said she had not been very impressed with the outcome, (of the fitting, not my cleaning) ::) The stair carpet looked very loose and I was even more cautious when cleaning them.

The hardest part was setting the pile at the end as every stroke showed unless you were very light handed.

The job ended up taking much longer than I thought but 'Hey', at least I'll have the knowledge if I'm asked to clean vorwerk carpets in the future.

Learning all the time....... ;)

Les

carpet guy

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 11:43:07 pm »
Les

Why are you so concerned about " setting the pile " I know it's something, some people think is essential to the cleaning of carpets, but I've never subscribed and 24, or so years later, have never, ever had a problem with the finished article....................even on expensive, single colour Wiltons, I have never deviated from leaving a " v " pattern, but I have never soaked carpets and have never used a carpet wand like a scrubbing brush, so my " v " finish was eliminated on the first vacuuming.

rob

Les

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 09:03:05 pm »
Hi Rob,

I take you point but it's a case of 'each to his own' I think.

We all have our own way of doing things and I just think it's a nice finishing touch. it's always been received well by the customers.

I did some courses on Customer Care in my previous life as a General Manager in a motor group and we were always told not to meet customers expectations.. :o
But to exceed them.

Mind you, if your customers are happy with your work then that's what's important.

Keep up the good work for another 24 years and then take it easy  ;)

Best regards

Les