This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vivaro 013

ideal brushes for conservatory roofs
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:48:25 pm »
name the ideal brushes for conservatory roofs which gives that scrubbing power

NWH

Re: ideal brushes for conservatory roofs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:51:20 pm »
I use any brush i never use to clean window`s with,normally an oval vikan.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:49:22 pm »
Vikan sill brush for me.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:55:15 pm »
i had an idea of a tubic brush that was powered to revolve to clean conservatories, on a pole electric, with a upvc solvent cleaner sprayer near the brush. I might try and invent one. it would make the jobs so much quicker for those algae covered ones.

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »
Surely water pressure will revolve a brush?

ScrimShady

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:03:59 pm »
i use bentley brushes for conservatory roofs

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:07:12 pm »
you are joking I hope, they dont even get bird muck off, let along heavy soiled roofs, please say that was an april fools  :-\

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 08:09:17 pm »
The only thing good about a Bentley brush is the name,there toilet.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 08:11:45 pm »
you are joking I hope, they dont even get bird muck off, let along heavy soiled roofs, please say that was an april fools :-\
theres a few diffrent bentlys i think scrishady is on about the rectangular 1 .
where theres muck theres money

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 08:12:56 pm »
Search for TL Killis  cleaning, its battery operated. Link takes up too much topic space

This was at the show.

Gardina have also come out with an interesting range of cleaning/swivel double row, triangular brushes but the type of angle swivel means you have to be above the roof working downwards. Not found them on the web yet but are in good gardening shops.

Flocked brushes are beter on polycarbonate roofs as they dont scratch- which monofilament will do.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 08:17:53 pm »
yes the bentlys are ok for already clean stuff or high work, but i wouldnt want to use one again on a conservatory roof.

I think water pressure would be able to, but not how i was thinking, i dont think it would be very consistent. imagine like a paint roller on a pole, that kind of design but with bristles all the way around the tube, and a bit larger, with a gap i the middle with the chain to electric motor to power it. then you would only have to push it up and down each panel and the motor will do all the scrubbin for you. UPVC solvent cleaner is very good, having that too would really speed things up.

Done a job doing the soffit boards and gutters from a 25ft pole, and bently to keep it light still quite difficult and allot of strain to scrub upwards with the pole bent etc.. Come up well though.

Last conservatory the gutters were all frozen up, so i ended up taking the whole guttering sections off to clean.

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 08:20:58 pm »
http://www.killiskleaners.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,138/category_id,17/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/on,

This was at the show.

Gardina have also come out with an interesting range of cleaning/swivel double row, triangular brushes but the type of angle swivel means you have to be above the roof working downwards. Not found them on the web yet but are in good gardening shops.

Flocked brushes are beter on polycarbonate roofs as they dont scratch- which monofilament will do.
I swear Joeuk on wfp training ac knows a lot about this as I saw it last year on there.

IAn

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 08:31:35 pm »
Get an old vikan brush and reduce the length of the bristles with some scissors, this makes the bristles stiffer.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 08:51:39 pm »
Same as Neil.

Old Vican brush.

have not cut mine down though.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 09:17:42 pm »
Yeo Joe saw it first.
I could do with his cylindrical rotating  brush for a 125m X 10m curved  "roof"

jouk45

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 11:49:31 am »
i bought this product, the 12v motorscrubber, £500 it is very good for conservatorys, but it does have a drawback, and that it does not swivel freely, you have to stop and manualy adjust the numptys, bit time consuming, i was inventing a rotating brush for windows, but trying to get a manufacturer in the uk to make the brushes for it usless, so i cant move any further with it for now,
heres the link
http://www.killiskleaners.co.uk/index.php?keyword=motorscrubber&Search=Search&Itemid=1&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse

JSMC

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 11:40:24 am »
why dont you use a brush that you would use for windows on the con roofs? i have done this with my vikan rectangular brush a few times ???