Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Grainger

Thanks Tony(service manager) from Alltec
« on: April 01, 2008, 05:15:07 pm »
Just had to go to Alltec because my water pump went bang, great service from the guys as usual, just a call andthey said come along today.

Also looked at their new Portable that is replacing the Advantage, looks really good and comes with pump options of 100psi 200psi and 600psi, thats given me pause for thought. Makes the Ninja look like a cheap hire machine.

Karl Wildey

Re: Thanks Tony(service manager) from Alltec
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:56:54 pm »
Alltec seem to have a love/hate relationship with most people, personally i think their great, always a helpful and good service.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:13:16 pm »
Great at the Customer service but are a bit pricey, costs seem to have gone up alot but you do get what you pay for with them.

Robert was blooding in his next set of Anthea recruits,  this is the side I am not sure about. It the same stuff that i had when i did Fast Trak but at twice the price and with the added bonus ??? of Mrs Turner.

New machine looks great and finally has the power to match and better a lot of other portables.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 08:03:31 pm »
Hi Guys

I have found the machine servicing guys to be very good on several occaisions, I would rather pay and have it fixed quickly than save a few pounds and get rubbish service.

As I do not go in for the sales side can't comment.

Cheers

Doug

Kev Loomes

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:51:04 pm »
What new machines are they then Neil? Surely not the Olympus machines that they've had for a couple of years now? I cant find anything on their site - bit odd if their trying to sell them ???

Kev

p.s. Its about time they bought something out new, and I have to agree the quality of their machines is second to none. Is their heat exchangers on them at all?

Neil Grainger

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:58:07 pm »
Launched at carpex, its a new Advantage with all new bells and whistle's, I have an advantage but this looks miles better and with the pumps available will push it into the top end of the portable market. Its called the advance.

It has pretty much the same shell as the advantage but also has a lot of different looks about it. 600psi pump looks good and it cost in the region of £2400, hard floor cleaning will be a good add on with this machine.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:59:29 pm »
NEIL just remember LOOKS arnt everything :o :o :o :o :o
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Kev Loomes

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 09:00:51 pm »
Does it rely on a heater element?.....ZZzzzz Or are there heat exchangers?

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 09:03:33 pm »
No built in heat exchanger

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 09:05:29 pm »
only differance apart from LOOKS is bigger range of pump pressures

Kev Loomes

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 09:12:55 pm »
HHmmmm

Just found this http://www.alltec.co.uk/contentbuilder/layout.php3?contentPath=content/00/01/21/04/84/userdirectory163.content#1.0

It is basically an Advantage but with a very slightly different body shape and up to 600psi pump, even the vacs are the same. So apart from the look & pump thats it. And there was me thinking that it would be at the top of the portable range in this industry in terms of power/performance ::)

No heat exchangers
No CFM figures (are the vacs as powerful as say the Mytee?)
No autofill?

Come on Alltec, there is still a market for top end portables and with their quality builds they will sell easily. But NOT these IMO - purely cos of the spec.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 09:56:40 pm »
yes they do autofill and auto dump but its an optional extra. 

Dave_Lee

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 10:21:02 pm »
Dont forget, Alltec have been there before with the big, porty - big tanks, and quad vacs. There just wasnt a market for it, so it was dumped.
Personally, I have always had fantastic service from them, I deal with other top suppliers too, and Alltec is second to none in my experience.

Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 08:20:20 am »
all rthe guys at Alltec are great, what chris dosent know about the mechanics is'nt worth knowing, all the bloke are really helpful and a big thanks to dennis who got me out of a minor problem last week

benny d

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 04:12:09 pm »
Cant say enough about the help from Chris, Peter and the team...Fantastic.  ;)

PS:-And everyone loves Robert  ;D
PPS: I added the PS because according to my Fast Track training, everyone looks at a PS! :o
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 09:37:38 pm »
Don't think anyone was saying anything bad about staff engineers etc just that the only thing new about the NEW portie was bigger pump choice ;) ;)

Kev Loomes

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 10:41:21 pm »
Nail on the head Tony.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 06:33:17 am »
Hi

Can you tell me what else a porty needs then to make it a good one, I have always been happy with my advantage but have felt the only other thing it needs is more power in the pump department.

I would love to know and I would imagin so would Alltec.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 08:42:08 am »
Are you serious Neil?

Having the most powerful porty available and easiest to use will make someones life a lot easier - yes or no?

The Advantage is a beautiful machine, well built and wil last forever. Will it clean better than more poweful porty's - no!

Its all very well having a more powerful pump, but the vac's are the same as ususal (as per Pro Plus then Advantage now Advance), so you then have to have more dry passes to cope.

If the custy's water isnt very hot - you have to wait for it to warm up via a kettle type element.

Because the vac's are not the most poweful, you can only go as far as 50ft on the hoses, so most jobs you have to take it in - instead of leaving it in the van saving time.

Im not saying the Advantage/Advance is bad - it isnt, it's just not top spec interms of power. We are not talking about the quality of a 'good' portable or the people who work there as they are very helpful.

Hope this clarifies things

Kev

Neil Grainger

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 09:07:58 am »
Whats wrong with the Lamb 3 stage motors in parallel, please explain to me because I dont have a problem with over wetting on any job I have done.

Interested because I must have fallen for Alltec's comment: Twin Lamb 3 stage 145mm in Parallel For greater Airflow 'Dont be fooled by water lift and Airflow'

I also use this on 75ft of hose when needed and have never had a problem. Have you had one of their machines as I would understand more if you have.