This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

Ramps
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:19:35 am »
What do you guys use to get cc machines in and out of the van, ramps, boards?
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

mark shannon

Re: Ramps
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 09:23:04 am »
MDF board cheap and wrapped in splash sheet great for placing machine on hard floor if you have to take indoors.

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:02:43 am »
The Powerflite CFR500 had an extra set of wheels at the top back so you lay it flat on the bed of van, lifted up the bottom and rolled it in. Good design.

The Scorpion is light enough so be able to lift it in with a bit of help from top part of your leg.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 12:27:32 pm »
The Ninja weighs about 11 stone.

My van is a Ford Transit and i use the side door, I don't know if its sill height is more or less than other vans.

For me it's just muscle power and as Joe says a bit of technique using the thigh to boost the machine into the van.

I'm told by a couple of strapping 19 year old lads who have occasionally helped me that it's not fair the way it is easier for me than them. Apparently having a few inches advantage can make all the difference...height that is!
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 12:43:37 pm »
Diamondback and Speedster are basically same shaped body and they go either side into my Expert van by tipping back and placing front wheels into van........simply lift back and roll in............... not much effort required.

I would be concerned about using any equipment i could not lift off the ground .... especially at my age, trying to make my job easier as i go, not harder.

Only heavy / awkward bit of kit that i have to lift in or out is Nuline 17inch rotary machine ............ such a short lift anyway and luckily not everyday

elite mike

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 12:56:06 pm »
Diamondback and Speedster are basically same shaped body and they go either side into my Expert van by tipping back and placing front wheels into van........simply lift back and roll in............... not much effort required.

I would be concerned about using any equipment i could not lift off the ground .... especially at my age, trying to make my job easier as i go, not harder.

Only heavy / awkward bit of kit that i have to lift in or out is Nuline 17inch rotary machine ............ such a short lift anyway and luckily not everyday

hi guys
be careful how you lift your machines, as i had to have 6 weeks off work?

after having a double hernia operation, about 10 years ago

learned my lesson on lifting after that  :D

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 03:00:23 pm »
Stronger than i look and no matter what my missus says, i am the correct size for my weight  ;D

*paul_moss

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 03:35:03 pm »
I used to do the same with my porty, its just getting the right grip and adjusting your stance accordingly. I did buy a set of ramps though  cos as I got busier I used to leave what ever water was in the clean tank for my next job and when it was half full I could not lift the machine at all as water weighs a ton.
You can get a set of taxi/bike ramps of ebay quite cheap these days and store away dead easy.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 03:58:01 pm »
ARGOS doing ramps 007/2193 92cm £69.79  007/2076 61cm £49.79 made by clark nice ramps and they fold worth a look.

TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 05:01:56 pm »
Only heavy thing I've been carrying is the wife for about 19 years now!

Shaun

Phillip Mold

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 06:46:37 pm »
Home made wooden ramp, carried on van!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 07:17:52 am »
i use my two arms and my back , ramps are for girls  ;D

carpet guy

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 10:43:46 am »
I made a simple box from plywood.....................about 24" square and about 7" high ..............by using as a step, it's simple and very effective.

My older / earlier machines were lighter and easier to lift, but a Ninja with added heaters / twin vacs, etc will soon wreck anyones back.

rob

Dave Roelants

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 06:08:01 pm »
Only heavy thing I've been carrying is the wife for about 19 years now!

Shaun
But the heavy thing she's been carrying is your wallet ;D
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

tony harrison

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 11:20:27 am »
Ramps.
Maro Mail 3ft Aluminium folding  weight capacity 600 lbs  £49.99

Regards Tony