Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carpex
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:08:21 pm »
Did anyone go to it?
We normally get some comments after these events.

Re: Carpex
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 06:10:42 pm »
Not enough spare time to go ........ hoping for feedback as well  ???

Doug Holloway

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:35:54 pm »
Yep, been come back and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Did'nt know whether to go or not - being so small (the show not me!).

Being a small show I got to spend more time talking to exhibitors.

Spent most time with the following - the first 2 was the most time
Alltec - Rotovac 360 (love that to be at the CCDO - I want a go)
Truvox - Cimex machine (looked interesting too - but need the bigger jobs for it)
Envirodri 
Dry Fusion
Sebo vacs
Lindhaus vac
plus other stands

Was'nt disappointed

and I had a good chat with Tony Gill from here and Terry Chenell from Cleantalk.
saw Ken Wainright but not to speak to.

The trip was made less expensive cause I shared costs with a window cleaning friend.

Roll on CCDO

lands

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 06:49:21 pm »
Hi Joe

Did you go to the last one and if so was there any difference in attendence?

Pete

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:57:40 pm »
No Pete, I didnt so obviously cant compare.
Do think there were more window clean exhibitors then carpet exhib.
Marvelous water pole, reach 5 stories and light as a feather (well a bit heavier)

It was comfortable to walk round and get to the stands - although Shaun Bradbury Dry Fusion was a very busy man but I got him, and LTT Judy was busy too - missed having a chat with her (good products)

Tony Gill got a good deal on a new Sebo but let him tell you if he wants.

Gerry Styles

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:09:38 pm »
I went yesterday. Attendance seemed to be good. did not seem to be as many exhibitors as last time. Still had an enjoyable day and found the Altec seminar interesting. Will be going to CCDO
Premier Klean Limited

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 07:57:12 pm »
Disappointed with the show this year. No Chemspec, no Hydramaster, no Solutions? 

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 08:24:11 pm »
Sorry I missed you Joe, I'd have enjoyed your company I'm sure. perhaps we'll meet at CCDO?

A major part of these events is the networking. And I did one hell of a lot :)  I arrived yesterday @ 10.30 and left today @, well, quite a bit after close up. I even had to carry on afterwards at the local M6 Services ;)

Not manning the NCCA stand left me much more freedom than I've enjoyed in recent years, so it was great to spend some useful time with some of my suppliers. Had a good couple of hours with Julie Roberts of Chemspec Europe chatting over my experiences with their Eco products and I then discovered later in the day that threir DFC has gained Woolsafe Approval.  I pretty sure it's the 210, but I will await confirmation.

John Gott was there too both days and  good news was spreading all around. HydraMaster have some exciting things happening again in the near future, they've got some quality green solutions, a new T/M, and will be running what they are this year billing as a "Dirty Weekend" over the August Bank Holiday.  If you've never done the Hydramaster annual bash, you're missing out big time. And with special accomodation organised at £15 or £20 for a double, it's really cheap. Some CCers were talking about spending the week there and taking the whole family. I'm hoping to do the weekend thing and the IICRC Upholstery Course too.

Much of the Prochem stuff I was familiar with, but I was given one or two hints (in confidence) about things forthcoming.

Amtech UK had a couple of slightly smaller machines available which still had the same working components of their larger stablemates. ie 500psi twin vac. The CFR, being recycling, is not really affected performance wise for most work by having a smaller capacity. The Poweflite is not too bad on capacity either. Regardless of tank size, if a job requires 10 buckets of water, it doesn't matter a jot whether you fill the machine in one go at the beginning or in two or three goes whilst your pre-spray dwells.  Amtech UK also had a nice looking in-line heater in a metal case. Cast alloy heat exchanger with stainless steel coils. From memory it was priced in the low to mid £400's. It's mounted very nicely to the handles of the ProStation 400 or can have feet for use with any other machine. 80c is acheivable. I'm told that the outer case stays cool, and it can't melt like some plastic cased examples have been known to.

EnviroDri are enjoying good success, and as they already sell a shampoo for upholstery cleaning, I was trying to persuade them to look at Encap for use on carpets with their existing CRB machine. I know lots do in the US and quite few here too. I've tried it and it works really well.  We'll have to watch this one.

Alltec had their new Twin Vac 600psi porty on show as well as the rest that we all know. It's equiped to take 1.5" or 2" vac hose and works well. I also had the chance to play with a Rotovac 360 fitted. Light and easy to use. It's a bit like a mini RX20 with 3 vac slots. It would be interesting to try on a proper dirty carpet though

LTT were their usual professional, friendly selves. I had a nice chat with Judy but whenever I past by, they were always really busy and I never got chance to speak with Andy :(

Dry Fusion was always busy too. They've got a new, greener version of Activator called Pure Fusion. It's odourless and is more economical than Activator at 8:1 for pre-spray AND pad. So it's virtually half the price in use!. I also won a bottle of Champagne in a draw held by the Insurance Company that is recommended for Fusioneers :) 8) :)

Whenever I passed the Host stand, it was heaving, and as well as the dry compound, there always appeared to be a lot of interest in the Von Schrader upholstery kit.

NCCA reported that they had a considerable interest from non-members looking to join, and there were at least three significant industry players looking to become Associate Members, which along with Texatherm and Vax Commercial being recent new additions enhances the NCCA profile. They must be doing something right 8)

There was a broad spectrum of other exhibitors present who, although not specifically CC, were definately offering essential business services, and I made some good contacts.

Without mentioning names, I heard that one of the above long standing NCCA Associate Members completed more business in the first half day of Carpex 2008 than they did in a whole day at the NEC cleaning show. Especially pleasing when you remember that the NEC is a MUCH bigger show with many more corportae "suits" present than at the Ricoh Arena.

Some of the exhibitors have already booked their place for Carpex 2010, with some talking of bigger stands. One non-exhibitor I spoke to was suitably impressed to suggest that it's "almost certain" that they'll also be there in 2010

Believe it or not, although a spent 2 days at Carpex I still didn't get to see/speak to everyone I wanted to. Perhaps I will have to wait for next time.

I must be honest when I say that I had some reservations about Carpex 2008. I felt that it could have been a make or break year for the show. As I'm the type of person who's glass is always half full as opposed to some here who had a half empty Carpex glass, I was prepared to be disappointed. I needn't have worried. Martin Scott and his team at Quartz have done a superb job, and I'm confident that their efforts will be doubly rewarded on 2010.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 08:42:19 pm »
Oh, I forgot Ashbys. Two new Powerclean Truckmounts and new small single lead/single vac porty with heat. Looks nicely built too.
Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Karl Wildey

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 09:55:25 pm »
i agree with steve, poor turn out for the carpet side, lots of window cleaning stuff, would not go again unless their are more carpet sellers. Not as good as last time
Had nice day out with fellow carpet cleaners I went with and a nice fry up in Tesco, besides that it would have been crap.

Big thank you to those that did make the effort, alltec, ashbys, LLt, amtech etc, hope you benefit from your competors not showing

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 03:20:36 pm »
it was nice to see and talk to people, and catch up a bit
i was very dissapointed that there were'nt many scrubbing machines on show
it was one of the reasons i went
to be honest i was very dissappointed with the lack of exhibitors
hope the cleaning show at the NEC  next year will be a good one
but probably wont attend carpex again

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 04:22:30 pm »
I had a great time. Good journey down and arrived before the show opened. Finally got away at 3.50pm on the Friday.

Spent a lot of time talking to the exhibitors. I'm interested in buying some stuff which I will probably get over the next month or so (not too much carpet cleaning this month with all the exhibitions/courses/days out/days in hospital) as cash flow comes back on stream. Just finding out information is always useful so you can be more knowledgeable.

The dinner on the Thursday evening was a really good time. Apparently there were about 120 there  and the entertainment from the magician and comedian was truly excellent. Food was good as well.

Friday I finished off going round the rest of the stands and did a few of the Presentations. Certainly learnt a lot there and the final one on Friday afternoon by the President of the IICRC on rugs was truly fantastic.

I'm like Ken in that my glass is always half-full. So...roll on Carpet 2010.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Doug Holloway

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 05:20:34 pm »
Hi Guys

I didn't go to Carpex this time because I was pretty sure what I was likely to see would not justify the loss of 2 days money.There is a law of diminishing returns situation with any trade show as there will not be much different in 2 years.

The thing which really made up my mind not to go was the Seminar content, having Moderated here for a few years now, I have a pretty good idea what really interests CC's and it was not reflected in the Seminars.

In fact I would go as far as to say that the seminars seem to be dictated by suppliers not CC's, where was the Internet seminar, something which always gets a keen interest here.

I realise the NCCA has to have the suppliers money to run these shows but a better balance should be struck, I would suggest one day for suppliers and one for real world CC's talking about what really affects them.

I hope this is taken as constructive.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 05:49:31 pm »
Perhaps 2 events like Carpex and CCDO would be better kept separate just for these reasons so the suppliers can have their day and carpet cleaners can get their technical/hands on day (and a full day of each to boot!)

Shaun

lands

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 05:53:02 pm »
Agree with Shaun for his reason and this. The suppliers might not necessarily want to bankroll  a session on stain removal techniques without having to buy supplier labelled/priced products ;)

My debt to you has gone up a bit since we last spoke Doug. So just as long as every one knows, Doug will be flush on the 6th. No, thinking about it, it will just pay off some of that Paris trip

Doug Holloway

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 06:19:16 pm »
Hi Pete

Glad to hear it's working well.

Business should start to go much better for CC's once the weather improves.

You guys are probably right about keeping things seperate but I still think a visit from, say Google would have generated some interest.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 06:24:08 pm »
If you're shelling out Pete, what do you need to know? I love France and if anyone is paying I'll have some of that!!

Shaun

lands

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 06:34:18 pm »
Last time I went to Paris I came back with a sentence that I am still serving. Doug's the one going. He's going to see if he can find a snail thats slower than you in getting to the bar ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 06:42:17 pm »
I don't leave a snail trail to the bar that's usually your Missus :-X

Shaun