This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

pen on leather part 2
« on: March 28, 2008, 03:54:08 pm »
why was the original locked? anyhow I did the job today, here's the results

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

Re: pen on leather part 2
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:55:55 pm »
it was perfect apart from the customer had also rubbed off the grain pattern so it had a slight smooth appearance
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:33:19 pm »
Hi MGuys

Mike, Nice job

I have just been asked to clean / restore  a cream leather suite where the pigment is cracking on seats.

Trouble is she cannot find a piece to send me and I have never attempted to colour match by eye.

Also how should I prep it?

Cheers

Doug

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 08:15:53 pm »
Doug if you can hold it back a week or so I will show you all of this on 7th
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 08:19:31 pm »
Mike I think it was locked for the following reason.
Judy winges and one of the Mods fall's  into line. Seems to happen every time. ::)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 10:10:31 pm »
NICE ONE MIKE 8) 8)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 10:53:57 pm »
Mike how did you apply the touch up product and was it a bonded pigment or not?  The grain pattern on the before picture looks as though it is fairly intact but sometimes by applying colour with an airbrush it goes on too thickly and fills the grain pattern in.  There are ways around this.  The repair looks good though and I am sure the customer was pleased to have it fixed.  I hope you spoke to her about the correct cleaning methods!!!!!!!!

Doug you need to prep by cleaning with Maxi Cleaner and then useing alcohol cleaner to give a clean area to work with.  The pigment can then be applied by an appropriate method depending on the repair.
Generaly speaking you can always get a sample of leather from somewhere usually under the dust cover on the bottom.  Be careful doing restoration on suites that have cracking that is right through to the leather as generally speaking on seat cushions this type of restoration is not recommendedas it is always liable to crack the new pigment.   You would normally need to use fillers etc on this type of cracking which is also risky on a seat area.  Minor cracking can successfully be repaired. 
Send me a photo and I can assess the problem for you.

Cheers
Judy
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Ian Gourlay

Re: pen on leather part 2 New
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 10:24:27 am »
Mike I think it was locked for the following reason.
Judy winges and one of the Mods fall's  into line. Seems to happen every time. ::)

Paul

Sorry I think it is time you stopped your attacks  on Judy, now you want to have a go at me.
 I have no connection with LTT Furniture Clinic or Roger,

Judy haas lotsof knowledge to contribute so does Funiture Clinic  I do think itwould also help if she left Paul alone.  As Ken has said a lot of  industry suppliers to not contribute to Forums andwhile I do not think they should have a clear run I believe those that docontribute should be treated with respect.  If we have not done so alreay we are in danger of loosing LTT some might not worry but I think they make useful contribution

I cannot remember if i locked the post, or if Mike or doug did as I have been off the Forum a lot over the past two weeks.  But i notice from my emails there have been one or two complaints from various organizations over certain posts

I reserve the right to lock any post   Without question  or incrimination