Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: How long
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 02:58:59 pm »
That's only 1300 sq yds, with a TM and a wand you'll do it easy in one weekend, assuming that one weekend is Saturday & Sunday, price £1600.
There is a valid argument that says that a job of that size is worth more than that and it probably is but IMO £3k or anything near is just too much and risks you losing the job. £800 a day is good enough for anyone and at that price you'll beat the guys with offering to do the job with a portable because for them to do it properly it will take yonks.
You should be able to clean 100 sq yds per hour, so thirteen working hours, easy!

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 03:03:12 pm »
Mmm,  I've got far too much work off other people using LM systems in situations like this for me to even think about using it myself. Just my opinion though.

lands

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 03:13:40 pm »
At the speed you'll be working thats a blinder John. You'll get that done in a day

Well Done mate. Nice to see some good news for those finding it difficult to get the work. Gotta be my turn next.

Pete

richie

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 06:19:07 pm »
Hi Simon,

Your price response has surprised me especially after the topic regarding a quote for the job in Scotland.
I do alot of the time think that people can be scared of quoting for what can be deemed by many (myself & you included Simon) a decent / fair price. 

Richie

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 06:29:01 pm »
Richie,
I agree with you !

I think its to low to quote, by the time you have taken wages for your 2nd person, fuel van & T.M Insurance and most of all depreciation on your van, truckmount and RX20

Maybe thats where a twin wand / RX set up comes in but i know from experience it would take me longer that 13 hours, but i only run a basic machine and use a wand ??

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 06:54:59 pm »
This is where an RX20 comes into its own, £800 a day (providing it ca be done in 2 days) is good money but over the computer it's easy but when you stand looking at the carpet then the sums may alter.

I personally don't price commercial by a unit price providing it is big enough, yes I need to know the area sizes to roughly know how much I can do in an hour/day then I'll decide on what I want to charge based on that.

If you were to charge a flat rate per metre on all jobs regardless then you would get all of the grotty ones and lose the good ones.

Shaun

gwrightson

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 07:00:27 pm »
john i dont know were you are based,

but you are quite welcome to borrow my cimex
you will do easily in a weekend

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 07:28:44 pm »
Wow what a decent Guy Geoff you dont get that very often these days !!

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 07:51:47 pm »
Nice one Geoff.

Would you recommend an encap approach?

Simon,

Do you find with your T/M rx20 combo that you don't have any wicking issues on low pro?

mark_roberts

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 08:10:37 pm »
I wouldnt dream of using the TM and rx20 on a low profile carpet.  From experience it will take a good while to dry in an office situation and will need two men for hose management.  Also very difficult due to health and safety running hoses in a maned office.  And very rarely will clean 100sqyards an hour esp around desks, dealing with gum, coffee stains, moving stuff etc.

Texatherm is the way to go and 60sqyards and hour is easy while pacing yourself.

Dont forget you need to eat.

Mark

gwrightson

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 09:00:12 pm »
with out question, i would go with encap  , and even bettr if you can get their inhouse cleaners to post vac :)   

as for lending out the cimex,

many a time c/c have helped me out 
wont name names, dont want to embarass the 3rd best looking

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

richie

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 09:16:40 pm »
I quote about 1 job every 1 - 3 months that are 1000sqm & over at a rate of between £1.60 - £2.50 and get the work booked.  I can see why people get worried at quoting that high as ive been there done that. 

Regardless of what system used in offices (TM, Porty or LM) i ensure turbo driers and or paddle fans are taken on the job and get turned on as soon as an area has been cleaned. 

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 09:58:02 pm »
We would twin a job like this with two RX20's and have it done in the day, no problem and for £1600 it's good money for a days work.

Simon

colin thomas

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 07:53:04 pm »
mark, i have done large area office cleaning without a problem at all with the rx20, personally i don't know what this thing about whicking is, i have done some real mingers and they have all been fine. yes, you  would best be working as a 2 man team, one pre-spraying and moving, but we still clean about 100 sq mtrs an hour and it's a clean down to the bottom of the fibres not just the surface and i am still impressed with the way the rx pulls up the fibres under the desks/chairs where the pile is really flattend down. i HAVE to use a pad system for one large job i do in the middle of london and i hate it, it's quick but no way is it as clean as hwe

colin
colin thomas

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 08:24:58 pm »
Colin,
You're spot on there. This wicking thing is something that seems to have been plucked from thin air or it happened to someone once and Chinese Whispers has taken over to create the myth.
Anyway, like you I like the deep down clean you get with RX20 and just can't convince myself that any padding system will do as thorough a job, but that is just my opinion.

Simon

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 08:42:44 pm »
Simon

Maybe it's becuase you have some serious kit, but I can assure you it's real.

Only last week had a spill stain on low pro, had to HWE, loads of dry passes then bonnet and air mover. Totally gone then when dry guess what back again.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2008, 08:47:17 pm »
Am inclined to agree with CBT & Simon above.  Only having used a RX20 for the last 6 months, it does give a superb finished clean to office carpets.  Also use a pad system (or muck spreading as I was informed some call it) when HWE is not practical, which can also give a good finished 'appearance' but not so sure how clean it really is

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2008, 09:25:50 pm »
What wins the argument for me every time is when you empty your recovery tank and out pours 100 gallons of gunge and grit that just could not possibly be picked up by a padding system of any description. Yes, low moisture systems work on the appearance front, but in reality only some of the dirt has been removed into the pad, so it follows that the rest has merely been re-arranged and shoved to the bottom of the pile where only an RX can reach it.

Simon

Dave_Lee

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2008, 07:18:06 pm »
Not in  every case, as I do believe wicking can occur on low profile carpet, when soiled out, but I also think that many stains and heavily soiled areas appear to be clean when they are wetted and worked upon, but arent as clean as they appear. Then when they dry out, the soil and/or stain is back. It always amazes me just how much soil these low profiles can hold.
Dave
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2008, 08:10:38 pm »
LM cleaning stops wicking because of it's dryness why not use turbo driers when HWE low profile to reduce the problem?

Shaun