Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: Commercial tools
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 11:42:49 pm »
Geoff,
Very few people use RX0's for domestic jobs and that includes me.
As far as dirty commercial cleaning is concerned there is little doubt as to there efficiency, but if you want proof, have someone who knows how to use an RX go and clean say a pub carpet the day after you and take a look at what is in the recovery tank. After only a few sq yards you'll be amazed and not a little embarrassed.
We use to use that very technique to win brewery contracts. We'd let the existing contractor clean the carpet with the day before and then meet the management there the following morning. We'd quarter fill the recovery tank with clean water and empty it in front of them so that they knew the water from the cleaning we were just about to do was what their contractor had left behind the previous day. The water was always tarmac black and we always got the work.

Simon

gwrightson

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 03:16:56 pm »
cant argue with that ,

fair comment

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 04:54:46 pm »
What an RX20, bound to be if Hydramaster are attending.

Simon

julianb

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »
I like to put a clear plastic filter on the vacuum hose. I find it useful to show the customer the dirty water passing through it and also I can see when the water is clear which means that the carpet is clean.   

Dave_Lee

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 07:36:26 pm »
I am taking my RX20 to the CCDO.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

richie

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 08:01:25 pm »
The RX20 comes with clear ish hose.  This is good as you can see when the waste water is clear therefore you know the carpet is as clean as it possibly can be.

Richie.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 06:46:23 am »
I like to put a clear plastic filter on the vacuum hose. I find it useful to show the customer the dirty water passing through it and also I can see when the water is clear which means that the carpet is clean.   

im with you julian rx20s are poop best get rid of it , im just so looking to buy an rx20 i could get rid of it for you  ;D ;)

julianb

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2008, 03:49:17 pm »
It's part of the family now so I can't let it go I just thought that sometimes things should be put in perspective.   

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2008, 05:12:01 pm »
I'm very interested to hear that commercial Clients want the best possible clean. I would have thought it was more a question of does it look clean, how long it stays looking clean and how much will it cost.

Or are we saying it's more down to professional pride or dare I even hint at big boys toys.

I like the demo clean after a wanded job that's great.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2008, 09:32:25 am »
It is also a really good technique when doing demos in pubs and restaurants, works every time and that is purely down to how good a tool the RX20 really is.

Simon

John Kelly

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2008, 09:40:18 am »
Simon, seeing the poor job some cleaners do, we've all been there and rectified them, don't you think you could go to a lot of jobs with decent kit and remove dirt which would impress the customer regardless whether its a wand or rotary tool.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2008, 01:47:36 pm »
Without a shadow of a doubt, John.
I, and I am sure many other have had customers absolutely gob-smacked at what we can achieve for them and the majority of them thought their existing cleaners were doing the best job possible??

Simon

Dave_Lee

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2008, 07:19:26 pm »
Yes I agree with that, happens all the time. Its also a fact that the domestic or residential client is much more interested in what you are doing and how you are going to go about it (and in particular the likely result), than the majority if not all commercial clients. Reason being, the residential client is the person that actually owns the said item, and its in their home. Commercial clients are looking for a good improvement on how it looks at the time.
It is reasonably easy to make a grotty pub or restaurant carpet, look outstandingly clean, because by the time they call you in to clean them, they are usually really manky. The RX20 saves a lot of sweat in easilly dealing with this scenario, and although you could do it just as well (imo) with a good wand, an RX20 makes life easier. With a very large area, this where the RX20 comes into its own, and (imo) is essential.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 07:36:22 pm »
I guess it's just reinvesting profits and building up to the big league. When you get acres of commercial 2.5k is a drop in the ocean.

Dave did you have a T/M in your Citreon?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:08 pm »
When cleaning grotty commercial carpet an RX20 will improe productivity considerably, when originally quoting you can get a better hourly rate but still be competitive with the price.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 09:20:53 pm »
£2.5k soon begins to look like a really good investment when you consider that apart from being the best carpet cleaning tool ever invented and will not only produce unbelievable quality but it just churns out the work without the fatigue of wanding large jobs, it is also a superb way of generating new business through demonstration on even the filthiest carpets.

Simon

capital-services

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 09:50:19 pm »
Simon,
I'm interested to no comparison to rotovac. this is what I use and have fantastic results we use a woodbridge 20 hp truck-mount?
Dennis
www.capitalservicesltd.co.uk      Professional Facilities Solutions

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 10:20:10 pm »
So it put the wand in the shadows then.