Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: Commercial tools
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 06:46:56 pm »
Hi Steve,
Probably does, trouble is you need tip top performance at that distance too. And heat!! ::)

Simon

julianb

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 06:48:07 pm »
I have an RX20 but rarely use it, it is a good tool but by the time you plug it in and fiddle about with the wires  and hoses half the job could have been done using a five jet wand with a two inch diameter tube. Just my opinion.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 06:52:39 pm »
Julian,
Yes, but what about the quality?
RX20's clean at the very least 50% more efficiently and produces a vastly improved result that  your customer will appreciate.
In other words it's not all about speed over the job, it's about quality!

Simon

richie

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 06:55:23 pm »
In some respects i agree & dis agree with Simon,  I had a HM Spifire 3.2 that was rated upto 250 feet of vac hose yet i often run 400 feet.  Got the results required but it took more effort than it would have if i was using a bigger TM.  I do agree with Simon though in respect of commercial work.  Have a look round for a second hand TM with more power.  You wont regret it if you are targeting commercial premises that are going to require long hose runs.  Simon is the king of long hose runs so he is the ideal person to listen to.  If you are going to target commercial work that you know will require long hose runs then i suggest you buy a TM with at least a 20hp engine & a 45/4005 vac blower.  Trust me,  been there done that.

Richie.

julianb

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 07:06:35 pm »
I find that I can get to the corners easily which an RX can't, also I can't see a difference in quality. Some carpets are difficult to clean ie greasy restaurant I find a good prespray the most effective solution rather than the pressure produced by the weight of the RX20.

richie

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 07:13:29 pm »
Julian,

A RX20 will clean ANY CARPET deeper & better than ANY wand will.  A good prespray is the key to all carpet cleaning.  OK, you may not visually be able to see this on all jobs but trust me it is better.  Yes you will have to clean the corners with a wand but thats not a problem unless you are a wolly and cant be arsed to.

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

julianb

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 07:58:00 pm »
MAXX 450 diesel is my machine, I just think the RX 20 just puts pressure on the surface of the carpet due to its' weight which helps cleaning and it is a good tool, but I doubt about it being better than a good wand.

richie

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 08:13:24 pm »
Julian,

I used to use  a RX20 with a Maxx 450D and can tell you that on many jobs the clean was superior to the clean of the wand.  Its not all about the weight on the carpet.  It cleans more of the carpet than a wand does.  Visually as i have said they may well clean the same on some jobs but it has been proved in testing that the RX20 will outperform a wand.

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 08:16:54 pm »
Julian,

Well if you think that then you clearly have no idea of what a powerful tool you have in your hands.
I was the first person in the UK to have an RX20, 21 years ago and I can tell you without the slightest shadow of a doubt that every step forward my business has taken in that time has been taken BECAUSE of the RX20 and its stunning capabilities.

The weight of the machine, along with the mechanical action of five vac heads making 11.5 cleaning passes per second will clean a carpet at the very least 50% better than with a wand. But if your cleaning operation is all about speed and not quality then you will always see the RX as a burden and not an asset.

Simon

davep

julianb

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 08:38:53 pm »
I still keep the RX20 just in case...... but use my wands for now as less setting up time, bother with more wires in the way plugging in, maybe I will change my mind if its efficiency can be proven. I know about passes per second but pulling a wand is the same thing, what if the RX  did 20 passes a sec would it be better? No just less cleaning on each pass.  I must admit I do not like to waste time doing a job but only finish a job when I and the customer are happy 

davep

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 08:46:10 pm »
Thanks Simon, they are £2,495.00 on that site or $2,897.00 from the States..  that works out at £1,458    

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 08:51:47 pm »
Yes but that's for 110 volt machines and they won't send one to the UK unless through the UK distributor. Buy a second-hand one and put the change towards a second hand TM.

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 08:52:41 pm »
Yes but that's for 110 volt machines and they won't send one to the UK unless through the UK distributor. But a second-hand one and put the change towards a second had TM.

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 08:55:27 pm »
Julian,
You're the first person I have come across in over thirty years in the business that isn't interested in being better.
Good luck to you!

julianb

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 09:07:48 pm »
I always do my best but I could learn from you, you have way more experience than I have in the industry I am just voicing from my experiences.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 10:31:01 pm »
Julian,
You have clearly invested in all the right equipment to put yourself in a position to make a lot of money in carpet cleaning. The only trouble is you seem to be in too much of a rush to be of any use to either yourself or your customers. No disrespect intended.
Carpet cleaning has never been about speed, it is about quality. It's about going the extra mile to produce that superb result. It's about not minding the fact that RX20's don't clean into the corners so you have to finish it with a hand tool or wand. It's about not minding that extra wire or extra minute or two setting up because you are all about quality. And quality is in the DETAIL.
The fact that you seem to be in such a rush suggests that you don't charge much for your services because you need to get to the next job and the job after that to keep the money coming in.
So my advice to you is: slow down. Learn to use the fantastic equipment you already have and even more important than that, learn to take yourself and your business seriously. Again, no disrespect intended.

Simon

gwrightson

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 11:05:10 pm »
Simon,
some simple questions for you .
you state the rx20 cleans at the very least 50% better than a normal wand , I fail to see how !! perhaps as you state, you could prove this statment in some way.

Do you have figures? Have tests been carried out to prove this ? Or is this just a theory of yours?

If as you state this is correct, then a hell of a lot of c/c are not getting their custys carpets clean, and how on earth Can some of the advertising state " the cleanest carpets ever " unless of course they own a rx20?

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha