Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davep

Commercial tools
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:41:12 am »
Hi,

What in your experience is the best way to clean Commercial carpets, is the rx20 aimed just at faster cleaning large areas or is it fast drying as well?

Don't know much about rotarys etc..

Ta,

Dave

*paul_moss

Re: Commercial tools
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:52:55 am »
Dave depends on carpet profile and fibre and soilage as to what method I would use.
Simon Gerrard is online now who swears by the RX so will be able to fill you in on its merits.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:00:01 pm »
Dave,

It depends what you mean by commercial carpets. If you're talking pubs and clubs  then RX20 is king because it will cut through dirt like you wouldn't believe and, if it's the new RX20HE will leave the carpet dry in about an hour depending on the size of your blower and heat capability of your TM. Wherever there is a serious build up of dirt the RX20 is without a shadow of a doubt the tool to have.

Simon

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 12:44:05 pm »
Simon, I think Dave has a porty, would he get similar results using an RX with a porty? or is that extra power and heat needed with it.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

davep

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 12:55:29 pm »
I do have a Porty but am hoping to get a Prowler in the next few months,  i am looking ahead to different types of work i can get with the extra power and what tools to use..  I see the rx 20 is good for speed but i am aslo thinking quick drying options so i can look for hotel/care home type of work that needs to be marketed as quick drying..

*paul_moss

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 01:18:47 pm »
Dave the Rx or a heated rotary are around the same price, try and get some time with guys who use them and then try them out for yourself. I think dry fusion still do demo's
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 01:22:39 pm »
Simon,
I have the RX20. Am I correct in thinking that the difference between the RX20 and the RX20HE is solely the Spider design, or is there some other differences.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

davep

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 01:39:47 pm »
Thanks,  does the heated rotary absorb the dirt into a pad?  I like the fact that you can do hard floors with the rx 20 attachment.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 02:11:34 pm »
Dave,
The HE (High Efficiency) RX has three conicle jets and the vac slots are only half width. The drying times produced are MUCH better that the conventional machine.
I'll put a picture on if you want.

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 02:19:02 pm »
Dave,

DON'T go into commercial carpet cleaning with a padding system! Why? Because you will severely limit your business opportunities. Padding systems do work well on low profile office carpets but that is only part of the market. If you want to be able to sell your services to the wider market you will need an RX, you will also need a somewhat more powerful Truck Mount than a Prowler (sorry john)
Commercial cleaning can some times require long hose runs, cinemas, office blocks, shopping centres etc , if you can't reach them you can't do them.
I suggest that instead of picking a machine first (which is what you appear to have done) have a sit down and think out where you want your business to go in the next five years and then get the equipment that can take you there.
If you need any help in that let me know.

Simon

*paul_moss

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 03:37:46 pm »
There you go Dave an offer you cant refuse, Simon is only 45 mins from you  :)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

davep

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 05:09:49 pm »
Thanks i may give you a call or even a visit?

I thought of the Prowler based on price, and you can also take it out if needed  ;)

richie

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 05:56:05 pm »
I have used a RX20 with a porty ONCE.  I blocked off one of the jets so i wasnt put as much water down.  It got the results required.  If using a RX20 with a TM then you wont be disappointed.  Much easier than using a wand and less fatigue.  The RX20 LOVES FILTHY CARPETS.  There is a nack to using an RX20, once mastered you will love it.  As with any tool the secret is in the operator.  Dont rush the job just because you have a better tool.  Take it easy, experiment in the way you hold it.  In open areas the RX20 will make life so easy.  I can remember a night club i used to clean in cardiff.  The RX20 certainly cleaned the carpet better than the wand.  If the carpet was lightly soiled we would use the wand then if it was medium soil or heavier we would RX20 it. 

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 05:58:21 pm »
Dave,
Lesson two. Don't buy things to expand your business based only on price.
Buy things that will help you to build your business, regardless of price.
You either want to be in the commercial business, or you don't. Don't forget your competitors will be tooled up to do the job, will you?

Simon

gwrightson

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 06:07:57 pm »
But simon,

I do believe that a prowler will reach any where your t/m will

why ?/ because it can be used as a porty cant it?

I,m pretty certain sure john will put the facts up,
so I cant see the reason for ignoring the prowler

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 06:10:05 pm »
The RX20 was never designed to be used on a portable, regardless of the power of it. You can, as Richie suggest use them on a portable but it isn't advisable as you will probably over wet and then shrink some carpets and then have to repair them. Commercial customers are a lot less forgiving in that respect.

Simon

davep

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 06:18:35 pm »
Thanks Simon, but price is an issue as i dont have any money  :(

Thought the Prowler would be good as it is whithin my budget (soon) and you can run 200 ft from it, take it out if needs be.. (although it may struggle up 13 decks like up that ship on your site!)

Would be good to see it in action if i could tag along one day?

Ta
Dave

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 06:30:54 pm »
Geoff,
The Maxx 470 on full power develops more engine exhaust than the Prowler generates in suction that's (495 cfm's)
You need to get your facts right, the Prowler is an excellent first step away from portable machines and into the world of Truck Mounts, but to suggest that the Prowler's capabilities are comparable in any way, shape or form to a Maxx 470 is simply laughable.
While the Prowler is on wheels you can take it to the door of large commercial jobs but that's it. So what do you do if you have a 2000sqm cinema to clean along with a thousand seats that can be 200 feet away from the nearest door and will require 350 feet to reach the furthest point. What are you going to do then? Wish you'd bought a truck mount that fits the kind of work you aspire to do!

We're talking about getting into commercial jobs and as someone who handles huge commercial jobs on a regular basis I can tell you without the slightest hesitation that the Prowler simply doesn't come into the reckoning. But if you're talking about doing small pub and restaurant jobs where you can keep the hose lengths to 100 feet then the Prowlers probably a good choice. But if you want to go further and aspire to bigger ticket jobs you'd better get the tools to do the job.

Simon

stevegunn

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 06:42:56 pm »
Buy a prowler 315 operates up to 400ft away ;D

http://www.amtexequipment.com/index-4.html

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 06:43:24 pm »
Dave,
If you want to do bigg'ish jobs but only have a Prowler budget then buy a second-hand  machine that has the capabilities you need to be successful.

I was where you are once and I now  clean some of the most magnificent cruise ships in the world and have done so for over fifteen years. That didn't happen by mistake, it happened because I made it happen. You have to make whatever it is you aspire to happen, but skimping on the things you need to help you achieve your goals isn't the answer.

Simon