Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

Re: Our Forums a Force for Good
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 10:02:55 pm »
I find it funny my local business centre is run by ex bank managers need I say more! ;D

Don’t give nick a hard time probably been miss quoted you know how the media plays thing up. ;)

Think he may get a grilling at ccdo if he turns up? :-\

Re shortcuts like to call it tricks of the trade and I don’t rip people off 8)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jason Hedges

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 10:14:54 pm »
Hi Len, good point :),

As an organiser of the ccdo me and Pete have tried our best to welcome people from all aspects and opinions of our business. If any opinions have been expressed prior the day from whatever person or organisation on any forum they may be stronger than actually meant.

In other words chill out, there will be plenty of time on the day and during the evening before and after for constructive communcation.

Look forward to seeing you all there :)

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 08:00:08 am »
Unfortunately the fact that some have been stopped from going to CCDO means that full discussions of opinions cannot take place and so delegates will only be given a one sided view of some of the subjects.
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

*paul_moss

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 08:28:05 am »

Judy I dont think you have quite grasped what this day is all about, I thought both Jason and Pete had explained it to Andy. If your still unsure then please ring me personally and I will explain it to you so you fully understand why your not invited.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 08:53:46 am »
 ??? I fully understand what the day is all about which is why it is important to have all sides of the industry there to fully discuss the issues raised. 

Using alternative  methods of cleaning is fine as long as you don't do it '..... without putting them into proper context' and you '... ensure that all of those who are 'listening' are fully aware of the 'what if ' effects that may be lurking if the situation is at all different from the one presented.......'

As you asked us to fully test your methods of cleaning and we have the results I think through courtesy we should have been allowed to present them or at least have the opportunity to discuss them on the day.  This Andy would have done very professionally as he always does.
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

*paul_moss

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 08:57:08 am »
Judy with out LTT taking over the thread as usual, just ring me.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 09:05:44 am »
Hi Guys

Coming back to the original thread it is inevitable that a number of carpet cleaning networks, be they formal or informal will become established, this is the nature of the internet.

As for the NCCA, it is often forgotten that it has many supplier associates, which obviously raises different issues to a straight CC organisation and appears to be largely run by administator types as opposed to the more dynamic sales types who we are seeing emerging on here.

This isn't meant as a criticism of anyone just the types of people likely to be attracted to a particular situation.

Cheers

Doug

Neil Grainger

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 09:27:55 am »
I find it a bit rich that a NCCA director talking about Cowboys when

1) You need no experience or skill to become a member, Having a good memory and passing a exam makes you a NCCA proffesional and you can be set upon the public with the misconception that your are experienced and skilled because you have a certificate and a badge.

2) Its just a tag with no policeing from the NCCA on rogue members that have insurance and say they practice the rules of the NCCA but clearly dont.

3) Business owners are still members but none of their staff are. Thought this was no longer able to happen but clearly is.

The info that comes out of the NCCA is great, but a lot of what they do is misleading.

So who are the real cowboys.

*paul_moss

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 09:47:44 am »
There are a lot of cowboys in  our industry, these I would class as not bothered to take any trainning at all, no insurance,hired or under powered machinery,no customer service or back up and have no concern for the customer only getting their cash at  what ever means they can.
Whether your NCCA, BICSc,IICRC,PROCHEM etc etc trained or accredited,it is still down to the individuals ethics and working practices.

Every body has got to pass the same standard driving test, but there are good drivers and very bad drivers out there, down to just not being capable to drive or just could not be bothered and drive like an idiot.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

lands

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 09:51:22 am »
As a relative newcomer to this industry (3 years) I am amazed at the lack of commercial know how that the NCCA projects.

If you look at the states and follow the IICRC's example you will clearly see where the NCCA are falling down.

I was going to write my thoughts down but instead I'm just going to be part of a group of more worldly wise CCs that are going to action them ourselves.

I think it's time to stop thinking "why don't they do this" and start SAYING "why don't we do it" as Doug says it's inevitable that this will happen and it is.

Happy Birthday to me by the way.

The Sweeney

Len Gribble

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 10:29:20 am »
Pete

Looks like we have something in common 24th. Off to Bearsted meal she paying I hope. ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

lands

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 10:33:12 am »
How funny is that. Did a job down there on Thursday too. Caring Lane. Nice houses. Have a good one mate.

And Len, even when they pay, they never really pay do they

Doug Holloway

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 10:46:52 am »
Hi Pete and Len

Happy birthday to you both, wasn't it kind of the government to give you a day off.

Cheers

Doug

lands

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 10:52:05 am »
Hi Pete and Len

Happy birthday to you both, wasn't it kind of the government to give you a day off.

Cheers

Doug

yeah, up at 5.50am with the youngest, cleaned the windows (sorry wrong section) bathed the kids and about to peel spuds.

*paul_moss

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 10:59:58 am »
All the best guys, dont get tooooo drunk tonight  ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 11:22:50 am »
Although my origional heading was inspired by the  reference to the articlle in cleaning maintence, there is an aspect of Forums I do not like.

As you are aware I also retail Window Blinds and I also frequent those Forums.

A few years ago many of uswere agents for NationalCompany, good way to learn the trade.

But due to the way the company operated we decided to stike out on our own.

Some however joined  another company which was like a semi Franchise

The company supplied them with lots  of Training sample books which you usually have to buy.  In return thr company wanted all orders to go through them

This arrangement worked fine company could do no harm etc.

After a period some began to realise that lower prices which helped keep competitive for the same product could be obtained elsewhere.

Obviously word got around the Forum and product was ordered from other companies while they continued to trade in the name of the origional company.

Evntually the MD noticed a fall of in orders and told one member to return sample books and stop using his trading name etc as he was obviously getting supplies from elsewhere.

This company suddenly became the bad guy on the Forum when what they had done was help the transition from Agent to sole trader.

Provided training for Free , Technical Support for free , Backed by Guarantee for five years the product sold, and supplied the biggest range ofsample booksyou would ever get.,

Next the 8 who had struck an alliance with that company also started to nick pick etc

Some are still receiving supplies from that company but the relationship has gone from good to bad

there are disputes about the continued use of their trading name.

Suppliers have been warned off

All this happened in a period of three months, without Forums I feel each person would have made up their own mind on the merits of the company involved and what they did for you and what it actually cost.

So at the slight risk of being unpopular I am saying there is a pack instinct on   all Forums.

Some might call it a club.

I saw the problem from day one and arranged for multiple suppliers and traded in my own name.

Joe H

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 11:31:44 am »
Simple really.
If you have ideas as to how NCCA could benefit the client and the cleaner then why not get stuck in to the organisation and change things.

Its not a closed shop - is it?

Benefit is - it already has a lot going for it in terms of credability with associate businesses and with the public.

*paul_moss

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 11:40:10 am »
Off you go then Joe, jump in and see what you can do for them  :D Many have tried over the years and left out of frustation.
They remind me so much of the old co-operative set up. I think most of the directors are all in that era  :)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 12:11:12 pm »
I did'nt say I was the one to do it  :D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 01:04:36 pm »
Another part of the feature said that if anyone was interested in helping , had   ideas etc to contact the NCCA Office

I would imagine that if it could be organized the NCCA would be intersted in getting National Contracts.

What are the barriers

Number One Someone with the time to pusue it on a voluntary basis.

Obviously they would need to be a NCCA member

Nick is a new director who was co opted on so it may be open to other newcomers