This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vivaro 013

schools / builders clean
« on: March 19, 2008, 02:09:25 pm »
put a figure on  doing a builders clean on  500 panes of glass inside and outside after builders have finished on a school , all in wooden frames and  portable scaffolding would be required inside and outside , possibly can,t use wfp for outside

Dean Aspects

Re: schools / builders clean
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:25:46 pm »
Think of a figure then double it then double it again then add 10% just to be sure i have recently done a builders clean on a large school i didnt use the above formulea and i should have they are always twice as bad as they look and are very tiring dont be shy when pricing these types of jobs they are hard work

Dean

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:39:14 pm »
Haha i do schools without the builders clean bit messy little kids.
Ask window washers he just doing one now

007 or what

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:52:55 pm »
how many windows would you say i school has?

off the top of your head figure :) ????????????

007 or what

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:53:55 pm »
Also can you put a rough time to clean per window please????????????? :)

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 05:02:05 pm »
Builders clean we done School block took two of us six hours inside and out 50 windows. But this does not mean the next one would be the same it's all down to the mess on the windows of the building you are looking at.
A large school we do NOT BUILDERS CLEAN takes two of us 4 days inside and out

007 or what

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 05:13:35 pm »
Thankyou  :)

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:21:47 pm »
put a figure on  doing a builders clean on  500 panes of glass inside and outside after builders have finished on a school , all in wooden frames and  portable scaffolding would be required inside and outside , possibly can,t use wfp for outside
I would go and have a look first and see if the plastics are easy to remove as this makes a whole lot of difference on price

Why can you not wfp these after?

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:29:13 pm »
Don't you find after you got what you think is all the muck that there is only more after you have cleaned them , I preffer to blade them myself.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 05:33:27 pm »
Don't you find after you got what you think is all the muck that there is only more after you have cleaned them , I preffer to blade them myself.
I have been doing builders cleans all week, I have been doing both, pig of a job, but it pays the bills, and gives me a good name  ;)

twt

Re: schools / builders clean New
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 05:59:33 pm »
by 500 hundred pains do you means 500 windows or 500 panes because on builders cleans your not just cleaning the glass your have to clean cement and plaster. you need to quote high and then increase it as it is very easy to under price builders cleans. for 500 hundred windows i would say it needs to be at least 4000 pounds as it will take for ever if they are heavily soiled.
but then ive never done anything this big before.

vivaro 013

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 07:32:23 pm »
by 500 hundred pains do you means 500 windows or 500 panes because on builders cleans your not just cleaning the glass your have to clean cement and plaster. you need to quote high and then increase it as it is very easy to under price builders cleans. for 500 hundred windows i would say it needs to be at least 4000 pounds as it will take for every if they are heavily soiled.

its actual 500 panes of glass and frames , windows frames are being painted in next 4 weeks or so , this is a old type school were windows are old fashion in design , so when it come to cleaning it could be
cement, plaster, paint , etc

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 07:35:20 pm »
by 500 hundred pains do you means 500 windows or 500 panes because on builders cleans your not just cleaning the glass your have to clean cement and plaster. you need to quote high and then increase it as it is very easy to under price builders cleans. for 500 hundred windows i would say it needs to be at least 4000 pounds as it will take for every if they are heavily soiled.

its actual 500 panes of glass and frames , windows frames are being painted in next 4 weeks or so , this is a old type school were windows are old fashion in design , so when it come to cleaning it could be
cement, plaster, paint , etc
go and get pics as it does not mean a thing 500 pabes, I was doing one today and it took over 20 mins to do one pane and that was only the glass, the frame etc tkaes longer depending on how much mess the bricky left