This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

bit of advise
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:31:33 pm »
as some of you are aware i got my first proper contract with a well known name
now i have been doing it for 4 weeks now this is the 4week clean they have paid me for 2 weeks no probs .when i got home to day there was a bacs remittance slip from them telling me which invoices they have paid for. now do i have to keep this for tax purpose  as this is the first one i have ever had .i have duplicate copies of invoices i send out and also backups on PC any advise please

Alex Gardiner

Re: bit of advise
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:33:26 pm »
It would be a good idea to keep these as proof of monies received for your own credit control. What the Tax man would want to see is hard copies of all of your invoices, he doesn't care whether you are paid or not just the money you've earned.

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:37:34 pm »
It would be a good idea to keep these as proof of monies received for your own credit control. What the Tax man would want to see is hard copies of all of your invoices, he doesn't care whether you are paid or not just the money you've earned.
thanks alex so these are just to say they have paid me and for what tax man dosent need them . so i am doing the right thing with keeping a dulicate copy of invoice then

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:38:54 pm »
Yes.

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:41:01 pm »

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 08:49:26 pm »
Unless you are VAT reg, the tax man doesn't need copies of your invoices, in 25 years and 2 investigations I've never needed to supply them.
I know they do if you are vat reg though.
Quite apart from which, if a domestic customer has been in I've never given one out!
And this is MBS' first commercial contract, ergo his others are all residential (presumably??)
But I do agree with Alex, keep them safe as they can be referred to if and when you have problems with payments in the future.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

elite mike

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 08:55:29 pm »
Unless you are VAT reg, the tax man doesn't need copies of your invoices, in 25 years and 2 investigations I've never needed to supply them.
I know they do if you are vat reg though.
Quite apart from which, if a domestic customer has been in I've never given one out!
And this is MBS' first commercial contract, ergo his others are all residential (presumably??)
But I do agree with Alex, keep them safe as they can be referred to if and when you have problems with payments in the future.

Ian
jesus ian 2 in 25 years
 they have there eye on you mate   :D  :D

elite mike

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 09:27:43 pm »
iv had one and only been going 3 years haha

best get my books up together then   :D
not once in 27 years

m b shaw

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 04:02:40 pm »
i mentioned a few weeks back while talking investigations that you can take out a sort of insurance from an accountant,the jist is pay a sum to them i think i was quoted 115 pounds and if you are investigated they will take care of everything.from experience i can tell you it s a bargain i had over a year of letters to reply to,forms to complete,interviews to attend and sleepless nights. at the end they said thanks for your help.i was and still am squeaky clean but every year the first expense i have is to pay this.   cheers mick

sunshine windows

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 04:58:13 pm »
Good advice on the insurance part there. A friend of mine got investigated (not a window cleaner i might add  ;D)

His Accountants bill just for the investigation was 2000 quid.  :o :o

Mind you he was up to a few things that needed to be smoothed over but still, that's a lot of windows we'd  be cleaning if there was a lengthy investigation.

Regards,
Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk