This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

just introducing my self with a question!
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:27:34 pm »
hi everyone ive just registered on the forum and had a question regarding the item blow?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRO-400-LTR-WATER-FED-POLE-WINDOW-CLEANING-VAN-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ260218767783QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260218767783

Do any of you guys have any experience on these?

How long do they take to fill?

Has anyone had any problems with them?

Is there anything not included that you would include if you ordered the same item again?

Many thanks in advance

Dave ;)
You can't polish a turd

cbcs

Re: just introducing my self with a question!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:30:10 pm »
Give Andrew a ring, he's very helpful. Thats the guy who is advertising it.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:35:17 pm »
You need your own van thats not included, about six hours to fill and you may need a booster pump.

Can you park and fill up near or at your house?

steven ainger

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:49:33 pm »
i would have a varistream as well, dont think they had one on there or something similar.

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:01:21 pm »
You need your own van thats not included, about six hours to fill and you may need a booster pump.

Can you park and fill up near or at your house?

Thanks for that ... yes i can park up on my drive .....six hours to fill ? do they turn off automatically (when full) and where would a booster pump go? sorry if that sounds a stupid question? Thanks again Dave
You can't polish a turd

steven ainger

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 10:10:07 pm »
i would say it would take longer than 6 hrs to make 400 ltrs, also alot of people have a holding tank in the garage/shed and have their ro in there, then transfer the water all in one go. the booster pump goes before   the ro to help it to produce the water.
i would get a bigger/or another one, di vessel, as well, i dont think that would last too long and youll be changing the resin every week

chrismroberts

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 10:15:39 pm »
Give Andrew a call, he is very knowledgable and very helpful :)

One thing I would suggest, is swap the 50 meter reel for 100 meters. Depending on your work, this will make the difference between moving the van loads to maybe once or twice a day. If your work is quite compact, that is.

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:20:02 pm »
Thanks Guys ..much appreciated ! so would the 650 ltr system be a better buy? Im not really sure if i have space for storing water in the shed/garage , i thought that these units were "self contained"and ready to go ?? Would 650 ltrs last all day?? ( i know im the king of stooopid questions!!!!)
You can't polish a turd

alanwilson

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:26:48 pm »
Hi Dave - Andrew has a very good reputation on here so you can buy with confidence.

I would put the extra money in and go for this

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/

the 650ltr system on the first page - 4040RO etc, very good kit, well built.

Its not a lot for a system as good as this
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 10:31:02 pm »
thanks Alan i have spoke to Andrew but there is an ? additional £500 for poles and hoses with this kit? 
You can't polish a turd

brightnclean

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 10:31:35 pm »
Hi Dave - Andrew has a very good reputation on here so you can buy with confidence.

I would put the extra money in and go for this

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/

the 650ltr system on the first page - 4040RO etc, very good kit, well built.

Its not a lot for a system as good as this

Ditto.. exactly what I was going to say  :)

I know coz I have 2 of them  400 ltr ones that is.

chrismroberts

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 10:34:51 pm »
Thanks Guys ..much appreciated ! so would the 650 ltr system be a better buy? Im not really sure if i have space for storing water in the shed/garage , i thought that these units were "self contained"and ready to go ?? Would 650 ltrs last all day?? ( i know im the king of stooopid questions!!!!)

I think you'd have to be washing walls of glass, or have incredibly mucky first cleans... not to mention an incredibly high flow rate from your brush, to use 650 liters of water in a day. I have a 400 liter system and even on my first cleans I never drained the tank in a day. Lasts me a couple of days now, and I've had two of us working from the same tank with 2 reels all day without a problem. So 650 will be fine I would say.... never hurts to have the extra capacity ;)

They are "self contained" and ready to go, really, you can just hook up your tap water and filter straight into your tank and work out of your van. But for convenience, in the long term, it might be easier to think about having a static tank at home as well. But this is not a necessity if you can run water directly into your van when you get home.

DaveG

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 10:45:05 pm »
Thanks Sheep (if i can call you that!) Do you have this system then? i think my water mains pressure here is quite good and i have an ouside tap handy so it does sound like a good buy !

Do these systems turn off automatically when full??

How long does your 400 take to fill?

Thanks to everyone for the help

:) Dave
You can't polish a turd

alanwilson

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 10:50:03 pm »
the 650 system I'm recommending I think comes with a solenoid fitted although you can check with andrew.  (solenoid switches off water production).

Fill times are dependant on water temp, pressure etc but with decent pressure you're looking at around 150ltrs/hr with 4040ro and prob around 50ltrs/hr with the smaller 300gpd ro system with the 400ltr system.

chrismroberts

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 10:57:10 pm »
Thanks Sheep (if i can call you that!) Do you have this system then? i think my water mains pressure here is quite good and i have an ouside tap handy so it does sound like a good buy !

Do these systems turn off automatically when full??

How long does your 400 take to fill?

Thanks to everyone for the help

:) Dave

LOL, you can call me that..... :P

I dont have a pure freedom system, no :( Really wish I did though, from what I've read and heard, the quality is second to none and the fitting is excellent. When I first started buying bits, I rang Andrew for advice and he really knew his stuff. I was confused by all the parts and fittings, and he made it all seem perfectly simple.

If you have good mains pressure, your water will filter quicker, and it should be purer straight out of your RO, which means you'll use less resin. Which is good, as the stuff aint cheap  :( :(

I have a set of Merlin filters, it takes about 4 hours to fill my tank. I get on average 40psi out of the mains.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 11:21:18 pm »
2 days work from 400ltrs  ??? average 6 hours a day just over 30ltrs an hour 10ltrs per average semi,  are you sure ?
Sussex by the sea

chrismroberts

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 11:37:56 pm »
2 days work from 400ltrs  ??? average 6 hours a day just over 30ltrs an hour 10ltrs per average semi,  are you sure ?

Yeh thats about right. I'm not one of the big earners, and obviously some days I use more, some less... but as a rule, I tend to come home with half a tank left.

alanwilson

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 12:07:40 am »
200ltrs a day? There's no way I or any of our staff could do that - and we're not big earners (as some on this site would have you believe)

400ltrs per person everyday - the expert is going as there's only a 650ltr in it and it has to pop back everyday for a refill.

mark dew

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 12:17:04 am »
yes andrew has a good rep and is an approachable bloke.
You won't need to store your water in the garage or shed as it can be stored outside and transferred over to the van. You should mention this to andrew as he will advise you. It's quicker and easier to do this instead of tying up the van. If you get a RO in the van it is only really worth getting a 4040 unless you have alot of single jobs that takes several hours to do.
A 300 gpd RO with booster pump will take (or rather mine takes) 14-15 hours to produce 650 litres. Around 50 litres per hour. (That's only 2 or 3 semis).
1 thing to remember is that if you use your van for other purposes as well as work your fuel bill will be much higher carrying that amount of weight all of the time. Plus wear and tear.
There are many good suppliers about but you have picked a good one straight away.

mark dew

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 12:22:10 am »
also consider getting a different pole. A 3 section 21 foot pole will probably be a pain to use as an all rounder. At 7 foot closed it will have to go on the roof of most vans instead of inside. Better to get an xtel pole or one of alexs slx poles when they come out. 1 pole for all windows is the way to go. The xtel and slx all have shorter 5 feet lengths which is good for downstairs windows.