This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alex25

Am I under charging?
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:24:33 pm »
I picked up a new job last week, 10 min per clean city center shop next door to current work, outside once week inside x 4 weeks I was very happy with 85.00 x 4 weeks!total 1hr work
Then I found out the last company was charging 200 quid (with x1 more inside clean)
Thats 115 pounds more than im happy with with!
Is it Me??

Re: Am I under charging?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:38:47 pm »
I would never undercut a fellow cleaner! :o

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:48:41 pm »
deano excuse djw that was a joke related to another thread ;) if you are happy then why worry mate ;D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:48:57 pm »
If you are happy with £85 then its a good price what other window cleaners charge is their business when i quote for any job its my price that i quote not what i think other window cleaners would charge and thats is not undercutting or overcharging thats just my price level that i am happy with

Dean

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:02:55 pm »
NO! i charge a premium rate, my work is second to none, customers flock to use my services i would have at least doubled the last cleaners price and got it! You must add value to your work this is what i do and i can name my own price. You have seriously lowered the price in your area - you should be ashamed of yourself!

.......... or just read the G spot thread. ;D

elite mike

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:05:40 pm »
NO! i charge a premium rate, my work is second to none, customers flock to use my services i would have at least doubled the last cleaners price and got it! You must add value to your work this is what i do and i can name my own price. You have seriously lowered the price in your area - you should be ashamed of yourself!

lol   :D  :D  :D

.......... or just read the G spot thread. ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:07:06 pm »
Like was said, if your happy at your price then no worries, you've picked up work at your prices who cares how expensive the last bloke was, maybe that's why he lost it?

alex25

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 11:36:57 pm »
Cheers DJW?
I did not under cut anyone! I was approched by a shop manager and asked to give a quotation!
If a customer is not satified with their service then thats not my fault!
Im very happy with 85 quid.
I was just shocked that anyone would have the balls to price it at 200.

trevor perry

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 11:50:58 am »
good one deano
      price at what your happy with we shouldnt be pricing to see who can get the most for a job but pricing to make a living that we are happy with, i wouldnt go out to undercut anyone but if i am asked to qoute and they offer me the job because im cheaper then i will take it, it is only the same as us looking around to get best price on the materials we use and then going for the cheapest price.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 03:59:13 pm »
Good for Deano, bad for us windowcleaners, all your doing is driving the price down. I'm not critisising Deano, it's just not the way i would go about it. You have to realise you are providing a service you can't compare it with the retail industry (materials).  ;D ;D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 04:06:02 pm »
£85 for 1 hours work is not driving prices down £200 for the same work is overcharging unless the work is something that no one else in the area can do
This is window cleaning not brain surgery i am all for getting the maximum for a job but not overdoing it just so i can come on here and say look lads i got £500 for a two minute job

Dean

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 04:13:49 pm »
I have heard profit is a dirty word to some people  ???

trevor perry

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 06:17:33 pm »
DJW
     i might be wrong but i am sure your the type that moans and calls people a cowboy when they undercut you but if you charge realistic prices to begin with then if you are undercut it will only be by a small amount and not worth the customer changing to someone they may not be sure about.
   each one of us runs our business as we see fit and you seem to be successfull in what you do , may be where you live it allows you to charge like you do but if people feel they have been ripped off it doesnt take long to get a bad reputation and if i charged your prices in my area that is what would happen.

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

bluez

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 06:17:50 pm »
If you have to ask then you probably are.  :)

I am never comfortable unless I miss a few jobs on price every week that way I know I am not the cheapest option.
hi

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 06:21:46 pm »
DJW
     i might be wrong but i am sure your the type that moans and calls people a cowboy when they undercut you but if you charge realistic prices to begin with then if you are undercut it will only be by a small amount and not worth the customer changing to someone they may not be sure about.
   each one of us runs our business as we see fit and you seem to be successfull in what you do , may be where you live it allows you to charge like you do but if people feel they have been ripped off it doesnt take long to get a bad reputation and if i charged your prices in my area that is what would happen.

Have to agree with Trevor on that one, we;; priced and a good job yes overprice and words gets round quick