This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

aztec

unger hi flo
« on: March 18, 2008, 06:28:36 pm »
hello all,

any ideas if you can re thread these poles as all mine are knackered, what sort of company should i approach, i was thinking a precision engineering company but if you have a better idea who to contact i would be grateful

thanks for readng

Lee

ps dont say alex gardiner for his poles i paid enough for this one!

(no offence Alex!)

Captain Scarlet

Re: unger hi flo
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:39:16 pm »
if you mean the Carbon tec. Then each section is guaranteed, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

aztec

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:41:38 pm »
the guarantee ran out mate

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:42:08 pm »
But do you mean the carbon tec? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

aztec

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »
yes mate

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:03:24 pm »
Buy some taps and cut them yourself, easy enough to do. Turn 180 degrees clockwise and then turn 90 degrees anticlockwise and repeat method until finished cutting thread. May need to use some paste to ease the cutting

aztec

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:05:33 pm »
thanks for the advice but me and diy do not mix! i would rather get them done properly mate!

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:18:04 pm »
thanks for the advice but me and diy do not mix! i would rather get them done properly mate!

I was a metalsmith by trade for 11 years and if I have the right tools for the job, the job is perfect or as near to every time out of pride and job satisfaction. If I want a job done properly I'll do it myself, that way I know the job will last for years, not weeks or days,lol

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 09:23:25 pm »
hello all,

any ideas if you can re thread these poles as all mine are knackered, what sort of company should i approach, i was thinking a precision engineering company but if you have a better idea who to contact i would be grateful

thanks for readng

Lee

ps dont say alex gardiner for his poles i paid enough for this one!

(no offence Alex!)

;D  Look in the Yellow Pages for an engineering/manufacturing firm.  Most of them will have a set of thread cutters and will be able to suggest something suitable to sort it out.