This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

How do you remove egg
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »
When to do a cons clean today which was full of dried eggs, scrubbed like mad with wfp which did make an impact but still residue. Will have to go back tomorrow to do another clean.

Is there any solution that will dislove it quickly and still use wfp, or is it the case of just keep on scrubbing.

Thanks

Doug

Re: How do you remove egg
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:48 pm »
When to do a cons clean today which was full of dried eggs, scrubbed like mad with wfp which did make an impact but still residue. Will have to go back tomorrow to do another clean.

Is there any solution that will dislove it quickly and still use wfp, or is it the case of just keep on scrubbing.

Thanks

Doug
Hot soapy water if you can get it, loosens it up quicker  ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:38:54 pm »
TFR, hot water and a good hard brush. If you've got one of them fly mesh scrims, then throw that over your brush to clean egg off or a couple of beer mats with a couple of strong elastic bands to keep it on your brush head.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:42:25 pm »
another is white scouring pads the bnig ones, use as wayne said a rubber band to attach to brush and hot soapy water.

without it it will take you a very long time as it seems to be waterproof. (maybe I should use that on my uniform to stop getting wet legs. :-\

Ian

daniel b

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:48:46 pm »
elbow grease
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Pj

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:00:16 pm »
Use a big green scouring pad tied to your brush any old how to start with, seeing as it's a con roof it won't matter too much.

And then as Bruce Forsyth would say, "Keeeeep on scrubbing!" ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 08:08:13 pm »
another is white scouring pads the bnig ones, use as wayne said a rubber band to attach to brush and hot soapy water.

without it it will take you a very long time as it seems to be waterproof. (maybe I should use that on my uniform to stop getting wet legs. :-\

Ian

Ian, do you use a belt type tap for your WFP? Try one of them tap brackets that attach to the pole from Pure Freedom off of ebay. Won't get wet legs using them.

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 08:12:44 pm »
Some of the oldest and most famous paintings from 14th century onward  used paint that had egg white (albumen) as its base. The Mona Lisa for one.

This gives you some idea of how indestructable the blinking stuff is. You will never get it off with WFP once it has dried. On glass use a scraper or a scouring pad.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 08:13:54 pm »
Hot water works a treat, but get the worst of it off with a scraper (Unless its on the plastic roof,.. NEVER use a scraper on plastic!) and a scrubbing pad.

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 08:45:20 pm »
Nightmare, I had a house to do once that teenagers had bombarded with eggs a few months earlier. It took me ages, and the only way I could find to shift it was with a scraper!

MNWC

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 09:08:13 pm »
Hot water .....but be carefull as you might end up with scrambled egg  ;D :D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 10:57:42 pm »

This gives you some idea of how indestructable the blinking stuff is. You will never get it off with WFP once it has dried. On glass use a scraper or a scouring pad.
spray it with white viniger u will be surprised .
where theres muck theres money

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 11:05:23 pm »
As already said above TFR softens it up then you should be able to remove it ok.

I would pressure wash it off instead of WFP as eggs stink when you got to remove them.

Just don't use a really high power presure washer as the conservatory will leak like a sieve.

Paul