This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Found the G spot today!
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:06:25 pm »
By that i mean a little golden mine of work, nothing major, i just had a mega busy day booked already but had one job in the next town to get out of the way first' Typically i picked up the next door (with conservatory clean) then the next with conservatory then another who wanted her gutters washed as well. All because i'm so brilliant at my job.

Probably more to do with being cheaper than there existing cleaner i expect. They all had the same one. Ah well, that's business i suppose. Best get down the gym and build myself up now. :o
Mega busy day tomorrow.

groundhog

Re: Found the G spot today!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:45:25 pm »
Personally I would never undercut another window cleaner!!!!  >:(

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:56:07 pm »
I explained to all of them that if they were happy with their cleaner then stick with him. Obviously they wern't happy with something - i know he charged more for one house i didn't bother to ask the price of the others. I quoted what i considered a reasonable price - my normal price. If it's the price that got the work then in my opinion that's just business.

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:31 pm »
I have quoted for and got jobs that already had a cleaner, normally this is because they are not happy with their existing cleaner, the difference is that the times I have taken jobs from other cleaners I have been on average double their price!!! It feels a lot better to know that you are doing the same job but for more money than the same job but for less!!!  ;)

Spursboy1972

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:03:31 pm »
I can't believe I am saying this but for the first time ever I actually completely agree with Groundhog!!!!
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

groundhog

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:05:52 pm »
I can't believe I am saying this but for the first time ever I actually completely agree with Groundhog!!!!

Thanks Tony!!! Don't forget its the new improved Groundhog!!!! ;D ;)

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:32 pm »
I think what happened was, the very first house i got never had a cleaner (he stopped turning up) so i priced it and go it. Now obviously the neighbours picked up on this and all asked for quotes even though the guy still did theirs, now they knew the price of the first one 'cos they talk to each other so very difficult to price differently for the rest. The plan is to get them all then pop the price up next year.

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 07:14:08 pm »
Groundhog, of course your right we would all prefer to come out with a higher price.
Is this the only trade where it is deemed such a bad thing to be cheaper than the next cleaner? I can't think of another one where a product does not compete on price.

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 07:19:25 pm »
Good luck with it DJW, I'm not meaning to criticise, it's just not the way I do things. I try to sell myself to customers as being a window cleaner of the highest quality, and therefore I am nearly always more expensive than other window cleaners. The thing is if they are not happy with their current cleaner then they will more than likely be prepared to pay more to someone who will do a better job!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 07:30:17 pm »
I just give my price for every job, like you sometimes i've been double, sometimes the same, this time probably less I don't set out to undercut anyone i just stick to my prices. This time the customer has gained - excellent quality work for less money i've gained work we're happy all round. :)

Re: Found the G spot today! New
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 07:32:41 pm »
Groundhog, of course your right we would all prefer to come out with a higher price.
Is this the only trade where it is deemed such a bad thing to be cheaper than the next cleaner? I can't think of another one where a product does not compete on price.
We are not offering a product we are offering a service, I choose and demand a higher price than many where I am as IMO I give a better quality service than many others that clean windows in my areas, this is my opinion on it, I do not undercut someone that is not doing there job correctly that would be madness. Some charge more than me and fair play to them.

Ian

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 07:40:30 pm »
Oh gawd!!! here we go again one of those threads coming up, come on lads any more!
Chests out stomachs in! I'm brilliant!! ;D

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 07:46:54 pm »
Oh gawd!!! here we go again one of those threads coming up, come on lads any more!
I was not saying I am brilliant, just being honest, window cleaners are ten a penny if you want cheap work.
that is not attacking you by the way.  ;)

paul saunders

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 07:50:45 pm »

Well, that saved mefrom saying it. ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 07:55:13 pm »
tell me guys is having faith in yourself a bad thing, is being good at your job wrong ? if it is then I would say sry for my comments, no chest out and no stomach in.

Davo

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 07:55:37 pm »
DJW did you charge good money for the conservatory clean ?, congratulations by the way on picking up some more work.

Its difficult when you need cash flow to price strongly, but price shoppers loyalty is based on price, someone undercuts you your gone too.

Mark

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 08:09:18 pm »
That's not undercutting mate.
Take no notice of the rip-offs on here. ;D

That's what happens if you charge people £1 a minute! ::)

Go for it, and feel no guilt, he's got himself to blame.

Mike 108

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 08:16:48 pm »
DJW - You quoted for the job at the price you want, and you got it.

To me, that's a satisfactory outcome.

If you find out later that you've underpriced it - so what - you're tied to doing it any number of times.

I've quoted for jobs in the past only to find that a previous cleaner (who didn't do as good a job as me) charged the same, or more. But he's not got the job anymore and I have - and when the customer has seen what a good job I do (because I won't leave until its done properly) I'll put my price up and they'll gladly pay it.

Mike

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 08:20:24 pm »
Good luck with it DJW, I'm not meaning to criticise, it's just not the way I do things. I try to sell myself to customers as being a window cleaner of the highest quality, and therefore I am nearly always more expensive than other window cleaners. The thing is if they are not happy with their current cleaner then they will more than likely be prepared to pay more to someone who will do a better job!!!
The bit about the current cleaner is spot on,if that`s the case you can more or less name your price that`s when looking the part comes into it`s own.

Mike 108

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 08:21:23 pm »
My above post should obviously read " you're NOT tied to doing it any number of times.

Mike