This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cvdewsbury

afternoon power napping
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:06:28 pm »
Jesus lads don,t no if its my age or what but I can,t do with out one usually a good 20 mins sparked out on the settee is suffice....I do try to avoid hitting the pit thus avoiding a snoozing session that has been known to develop into at least 2 hrs....question for the honest scrimmers out there how long does your afternoon snoooooooze last??? ;D ;D

Re: afternoon power napping
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 05:07:38 pm »
Jesus lads don,t no if its my age or what but I can,t do with out one usually a good 20 mins sparked out on the settee is suffice....I do try to avoid hitting the pit thus avoiding a snoozing session that has been known to develop into at least 2 hrs....question for the honest scrimmers out there how long does your afternoon snoooooooze last??? ;D ;D

Afternoon snooze you are joking, would be nice to have a snooze at night let alone during the day.  ::)

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 05:54:57 pm »
I dont have any naps i think because i couldnt  get going again after id have a lazy afternoon! thats the problem with being your own boss no 2 quick you up the rear if u get lazy  ;D
Dave.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 06:09:56 pm »
Usually pass out on the laptop on this forum then smack my head into the keyboard............bhbhthuic hgu5ic hygtu69 `hgu5i chg j b!!!!!1****hh

groundhog

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:04:37 pm »
As long as I've had a good 7 hours or so at night I can keep going all day no probs!! Perhaps you should see a Doctor, my wife is diabetic and when her blood sugar is high she sleeps a lot!!  :(

LWC

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:35:09 pm »
years ago when i was trad id stop and have a nap, i dont any more but on my days off, friday saturday and sunday i do have an afternoon nap...feel great after

but then again, ive probably been on the forum the night before till about 1 in the morning...ho sad  ::) lol

m b shaw

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 07:51:14 pm »
i m old and weary and in the winter when i get home all it takes is a sandwich and tea plus a warm fire and iv e gone. then in the summer i get home throw my stuff in the car and within the hour i m stood in the trent catching roach on a stick float,i keep looking at my watch and laughing out loud saying what a life. conclusion it must be the weather.   cheers mick

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 09:52:10 pm »
Red bull gives you wings. Try some orange juice and don't be tempted to sit down in first place. Afternoon nap for me.... in my dreams,lol

peter holley

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 11:03:41 pm »
i'm     the same .... up at 6.30am ....3 kids to school.... home fore 1.30 .....a quick snoooze....

then back to work at 3.30 full of energy :D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 07:08:35 am »
I once had a nap in the van didnt mean to it just happened two hours later i woke when a car went speeding past and the van engine was overheating never do that again i was too bleary eyed to go back to work so went home

Dean

s.hughes

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 08:27:23 am »
I dont nap as I feel worse when I wake up but years ago I sat back in the car or 2 mins and the next thing I know was it was gone 4pm. I fell asleep for 4 hours. Never again.

Steve

cvdewsbury

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 05:31:01 pm »
I dont nap as I feel worse when I wake up but years ago I sat back in the car or 2 mins and the next thing I know was it was gone 4pm. I fell asleep for 4 hours. Never again.

Steve

quality Stevie the crown is yours .....European Power Napping Champion!!

Dave JP

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 07:55:46 pm »
Every Lunchtime ! 

I eat my lunch in the van, then have a large black coffee to wash it down - though a Red Bull works just as well.  Set the alarm on my watch - Then have a nap for 20 mins, when you wake up the coffee / RedBull has just got in your system and you're buzzin' and ready to go for the afternoon !

Got that from an American cycling coach who swears by it every day - takes the caffine 20 mins to react with your body, so when you wake up from your 20 minute nap you are on a high.  Any longer than 20 mins and it doesn't work - 4 hours is overdoing it !

Don't try Nescafe Decaf though - doesn't work  :(

Dave.
"Everywhere is in walking distance, if you have the time."

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 08:04:16 pm »
I have put the seat back in the van when rain stops play and dozed off. Can't do it in the new one, bulkhead won't let me.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 09:32:43 pm »
30 min for me- started when trad nice with the Mrs alongside  ;)

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 09:39:32 pm »
Who's missis? ;)

matt

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 09:57:31 pm »
I have put the seat back in the van when rain stops play and dozed off. Can't do it in the new one, bulkhead won't let me.

when i get the van done, mine will have a double bed in the back, so that will be the xbox 360 , a kettle and the bed, will i ever get any work done  ;D ;D ;D