This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

AMERICAN WFP MARKET CHANGING
« on: March 16, 2008, 05:09:21 pm »
Over the pond at J.Racensteins they now stock Facelift poles and xtel poles. Only a few weeks back they only had The Ionics/Unger/Tucker/Ettore. Things are changing and you can even buy a Super-lite 2 from Reach Higher Ground!!!

http://www.racenstein.com/store/items.asp?Cc=000E&Bc=

http://reachhigherground.com/shop/index.php?cPath=21

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Re: AMERICAN WFP MARKET CHANGING
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 05:11:34 pm »
Over the pond at J.Racensteins they now stock Facelift poles and xtel poles. Only a few weeks back they only had The Ionics/Unger/Tucker/Ettore. Things are changing and you can even buy a Super-lite 2 from Reach Higher Ground!!!

http://www.racenstein.com/store/items.asp?Cc=000E&Bc=

http://reachhigherground.com/shop/index.php?cPath=21

it may well be cheaper to buy from over the pond then, I have started doing this for some of the stuff I buy, I import fish from overseas etc  ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 05:12:59 pm »
All Tucker poles work out much cheaper over there, you can get an 83ft Tucker for about £400-500 minus postage!!!!!!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 05:15:39 pm »
All Tucker poles work out much cheaper over there, you can get an 83ft Tucker for about £400-500 minus postage!!!!!!! Luke
are tucker poler the ones the size of scaffold poles ??

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 05:18:13 pm »
And just look at this video section:

http://www.jracenstein.com/videos/

I have to say, along with Gardiner site, this has to be the most comprehensive site out there. I think we need more of this type of stuff. Videos of products in use. Once wfp really kicks off in America ( ironically it was invented over there ) I think there will be some good products. Another good wfp country is Holland, but Im sure the UK is leading, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 05:21:30 pm »

Yes, they have their place. Mostly with the Fred Dibnahs of the WC'ing world. Who want something very tough and hard wearing ( steam powered and industrial!!! ) The Tucker was made in the late 1950s. Well just recently a man came to Tucker requesting a new Tucker pole as his was worn after 20 years I believe!!! Just shows you how tough they are

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 05:31:09 pm »

I love this picture of a Tucker pole and user ( in Chepstow ) The man doesnt mess about at all. Good strong pole, overalls, big boots.....lets clean some windows, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 05:37:26 pm »
Another interesting thing in the American market is the use of Boars hair brushes

I know that the WC warehouse tried some Boars hair brushes for Unger. I would love to try one.

And here is the converting tour

http://www.jracenstein.com/store/WindowWagonTour.htm

"Getting a customer to see the results of pure water is often all it takes to get going. Jim will roll out a wide variety of poles and water systems. If you are wondering whether Water-Fed systems should be a part of your business, you owe it to yourself to have Jim drop by for a chat"

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 05:59:10 pm »
I had a play with a Tucker pole once - very very strong, horrible clamps that needed a special tool to release them and i couldn't lift it from horizontal at forty feet. Years behind the Superlight. (fine for employees though) :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 06:05:24 pm »
Interestingly, did you notice on the post "sl2 in action" that Daniel is allowing his employees to use the SL2. I already know its very tough but just proves that it isnt too fiddly for workers, Luke

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 07:38:49 pm »
Thanks for noticing.  ;D

We actually have designed a boars hair brush that fits the black adjustable goosenecks with Vikan threads.

We were also the 1st to introduce the Facelift poles to the US market a couple years back, but have recently decided to stop selling them.

We are coming along.

www.reachhigherground.com/shop
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

brett walker

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 08:43:37 pm »
Thanks for noticing.  ;D

We actually have designed a boars hair brush that fits the black adjustable goosenecks with Vikan threads.

We were also the 1st to introduce the Facelift poles to the US market a couple years back, but have recently decided to stop selling them.

We are coming along.

www.reachhigherground.com/shop

Hi Shawn :)

whats your views on their boars hair brush, have you any idea how much one would be delivered pounds sterling

cheers

Brett

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 08:58:05 pm »
The board hair we sell is a brush I designed.  It will run about £40 delivered and weighs close to that of a Vikan mono.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

karlosdaze

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 09:03:02 pm »

Yes, they have their place. Mostly with the Fred Dibnahs of the WC'ing world. Who want something very tough and hard wearing ( steam powered and industrial!!! ) The Tucker was made in the late 1950s. Well just recently a man came to Tucker requesting a new Tucker pole as his was worn after 20 years I believe!!! Just shows you how tough they are
But it wasn't the first......
http://robinson-solutions.blogspot.com/2008/02/first-water-fed-pole.html

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 09:16:54 am »
Yes Karlos, I was careful not too say invented after seeing your site. But anyway here is a picture of a Tucker being used in 1960