This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daniel b

Re: sl2 in action
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 04:41:31 pm »
If anyone is unsure about getting 1 of these poles even more so if you do this type of work get 1 you will not be sorry and my lads think so too lol they love it compared to other poles just makes the day so much easyer compared to others.
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 04:43:47 pm »
how many of them have you bought Daniel?
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

daniel b

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 04:45:29 pm »
Luke what do you think about the brush a couple of the lads and me i suppose would hve preferd it a bit bigger but that then adds to the weight then but there must be bigger with only a slight difference maybe gardinars new 1 is it bigger and what weigh is it.
NFMWGC NO.9442,

daniel b

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 04:47:15 pm »
how many of them have you bought Daniel?

only 1 i wanted to test it 1st but will defo be orderin a couple more atleast, the lads and i will simply get more work done in a week.
NFMWGC NO.9442,

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 04:49:01 pm »
Somebody posted a link for a site that enabled you to do it but I post pictures by first hosting them online and copying their address to this site. So in reality you are seeing a picture from another site, it doesnt actually get stored on Cleanitup. I use Picasa and Flickr

http://www.resizr.com

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 04:49:59 pm »
As regards to the brush I think its a swings and roundabouts thing, yes its only 11-12 inches but you have more stamina because its nice and light. Alex is going to bring out his new brush soon and that will be 12 inches I think but he may make a bigger one, I dont know. The Bentley brush sold with the sl2 isnt ideal but its alright. I will get Alexs new brush and if I dont like it ( which I very much doubt ) I will be going to use Tuckers converted with a thread plate, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 05:02:53 pm »
Daniel, if you want a bigger brush I reccomend going for the  18 inch Tucker

And gluing/screwing a thread plate onto it from a household broom ( usually the wooden ones ). Be warned the Tucker at that length is no lightweight but its the lightest option for a brush of that length, Luke

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 05:13:41 pm »
Daniel, if you want a bigger brush I reccomend going for the  18 inch Tucker

And gluing/screwing a thread plate onto it from a household broom ( usually the wooden ones ). Be warned the Tucker at that length is no lightweight but its the lightest option for a brush of that length, Luke

unless you do alot of commercial the 18inch is to big same as a trad blade, I used 12 and 18 the 18 seems to slow you doing dont know why but over all thats what I found

daniel b

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 05:29:23 pm »
Cheers Luke, may look into that.
NFMWGC NO.9442,

daniel b

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 06:58:04 pm »
couple more ;D
NFMWGC NO.9442,

charlie2

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 07:10:29 pm »
God hoow would you price a job like that?

daniel b

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 07:12:13 pm »
experience  ;) basically i have a set hourly rate say £25ph then work out how many hours per men.
NFMWGC NO.9442,

LWC

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 07:17:18 pm »
did the windows sheet up nicely?

ice just bought one of these, and i still havent had chance to have a play with it. cant wait!

daniel b

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 07:23:08 pm »
after going over them like 3 times yes they did sheet nicely, thank god.

You will not regret gettin 1.
NFMWGC NO.9442,

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »
As regards to the brush I think its a swings and roundabouts thing, yes its only 11-12 inches but you have more stamina because its nice and light. Alex is going to bring out his new brush soon and that will be 12 inches I think but he may make a bigger one, I dont know. The Bentley brush sold with the sl2 isnt ideal but its alright. I will get Alexs new brush and if I dont like it ( which I very much doubt ) I will be going to use Tuckers converted with a thread plate, Luke

To say I loathed the bentley brush is an understatement. I took your advice and fitted a swivel thread plate to a Tucker brush for my supalite pole. Much better, it actually cleans the glass better with less scrubbing effort whilst keeping the weight at the top of the pole light.

Pj

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 07:49:11 pm »
Sorry to but in but do you know where I can get a Tucker brush from?  Without having to buy in to the system?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 07:53:41 pm »
Luke what do you think about the brush a couple of the lads and me i suppose would hve preferd it a bit bigger but that then adds to the weight then but there must be bigger with only a slight difference maybe gardinars new 1 is it bigger and what weigh is it.

The new brush is 11", mono-filament, single trim and about 240g. We will be looking at 3 more variants soon though, a sill, a large, and a double trim

LWC

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 07:54:32 pm »
good job it sheeted, i do some massive windows, about 30ft up and they dont sheet, takes forever to do them!

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 09:15:18 pm »
Sorry to but in but do you know where I can get a Tucker brush from?  Without having to buy in to the system?

Tucker (Afd (UK)        Tel: 01256 844046

You have to adapt a gooseneck to fit the brush. Either fit a screw thread plate or use an Ionic's gooseneck on the end of your pole.

pingu

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 09:22:42 pm »
Some great photo's there...nice job to have as well.....good to see what others are upto....

Dave.