This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DIY ers ideas?
« on: March 16, 2008, 12:02:06 pm »
Just had a wander around B&Q in the gardening section and have been looking at various weeding type tools/rakes etc (hand tools). What i want to do is make up a hook or flattened spike to go on the end of my pole to scrape debris out of a gutter. Needs to have a female Vikan type thread to screw onto the end of my plastic angle adapter. Any ideas?

d s windowcleaning

Re: DIY ers ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 12:48:29 pm »
djw this was a simple method i used its not the best of diagrams but it give a idea , you just scoop towards the outlet and with the water running it washes down the fall pipe . cost around £22 to make .
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 12:58:32 pm »
Thanks Dave that's something along the lines i want. All i want to do is find a way of making the hook/scraper or whatever attatch to my normal extending pole - a quick swop over from brush to tool, just screw it on the end. I've seen some splendid looking hooks and weeding tools but they are set into a handle. If i can find a way of hacksawing them off and fixing them to a thread i'll be away.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 01:10:05 pm »
what iff you was to get a cheap brush head remove all the bristles then cut it down to a smaller size then attach a flat piece of metal to the remainder of the brush , if you are unsure how i mean i will draw a diagram and post it a bit later .
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 01:16:38 pm »
Great minds think alike! I've gone as far as pulling the bristles out from a Bentley brush already so i have the stock only, i reckon it will possibly scoop like it is, i might need to remove the other half though to get it under overhanging tiles. That's the reasoning behind wanting more of a hook or spike.

Mr H

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 07:45:25 pm »
Would this do the job for you.....?
Just screws on to your plastic adapter.. You can always just cut the end if you need a spike...

http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=347

Regards
Mr H

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 07:50:49 pm »
Fits an Unger threaded cone.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 08:22:47 pm »
Thanks Mr H i had a look at one but like Jeff said it's an unger fitting and it's designed more for pulling towards you from the top of a ladder. Keep them coming. :)