This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

oasisdweeb

3 storey for less than£10?
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:48:57 pm »
went onto a new site this week canvassing,found out theres already  some1 on there cleaning 4 £9.i was goin on there asking £10(which already seems low 2 me).do l lower my price 2 compete (and moan if i get) or stick with my own prices.
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

RO-Sheen

Re: 3 storey for less than£10?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:00:43 pm »
If £10 is already too low dont go any lower. You will resent going there every month and not enjoy it.
I am quite often more expensive than other window cleaners in my area and customers are quite happy to pay my prices cos I include all of the frames, sills, and external doors. I am wfp so it only takes seconds longer to clean the extras and customers are more than happy to pay the extra for a 'complete' job.
What does your competitor do for £9? Might be interesting to find out.
I never undercut my competitors but I will always tell potential customers what they get for the fee. I get about 90% of quotes

Its important to remember........ There are 2 sure ways of getting a job
1. Price low (what your competitors offer) or
2. Superior service.

No. 2 is definately most viable!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Sanity

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:15:22 pm »
Personally, I would not undercut the other cleaner.  There are bound to be people in that area for whom he does not clean, and if you can get these, your superior service will get you more customers.

Just for info, 12.50 would be my minimum for 3 story. (Leicester)

oasisdweeb

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 05:43:30 pm »
ta.its new site so mayb he wants 2 get a foot in.my new customers on other sites im starting 2 charge £12.there r other cleaners on there and i know they charge more (£18).i dont want 2 under cut so i will sit tight.
i promise never to cross over to the dark side of the road again.Dont believe the truth.

brett walker

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 05:59:28 pm »
Mark

im doing your sites im doing the 3 storey houses for £7  ;)

only joking ;D ;D ;D

sit tight on new sites you get lots of window cleaners canvassing but they soon move on when they only pick a couple up, i think £10-12 is a good price on a 3 storey house you can easily do 3 per hour

hows your 600 ltr tank going mines nearly full

Brett

oasisdweeb

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 02:57:21 pm »
ho ho.will look out a 4 u on next months crimewatch uk.wat was that coppers name i will give statement against you.will then nick your work when u r inside doin a 10 strecth 4 naff work.will then employ a bloke name gary 2 manage the buisness.

brett walker

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 03:41:42 pm »
ho ho.will look out a 4 u on next months crimewatch uk.wat was that coppers name i will give statement against you.will then nick your work when u r inside doin a 10 strecth 4 naff work.will then employ a bloke name gary 2 manage the buisness.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 03:44:10 pm »
Prices will only go down for new customers as more and more new window cleaners start up using water-Fed Pole method instead of traditional method.
It's inevitable. Blame public forums where members boasts of high achievable earnings using WFP. The bubble will burst and reality bites as competition steps in.

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 03:48:17 pm »
I would not do a 3 story house for £10, even if there is silly competition (there is round where we clean aswell), I also would not lower my price to compete as in 6 months the person doing them will stop after realising he is way under priced.

Stick with your own prices, and not everyone will go for the cheapest quote and the ones that do you IMHO you want to stear well clear of I offer a quality service not a cheap one

Ian

williamx

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 03:58:23 pm »
There are many cleaners who say they won't under-price a fellow window cleaner.

This might be true for the jobs that are priced at £10 to £20, but would you undercut a price if it was £30 £40 £50 or would you hold out for more.

If your minimum charge is £10.00, but you had the opportunity of cleaning 10 houses in a row for £8.00, would you lower you price and beat the competition to get the job?

Honest answers please

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 04:04:50 pm »
There are many cleaners who say they won't under-price a fellow window cleaner.

This might be true for the jobs that are priced at £10 to £20, but would you undercut a price if it was £30 £40 £50 or would you hold out for more.

If your minimum charge is £10.00, but you had the opportunity of cleaning 10 houses in a row for £8.00, would you lower you price and beat the competition to get the job?

Honest answers please
No.

and the reason is this and have been there before:

you do say 10 house £8 each they have all knocked every cleaner down you are the lowest result if not one cancels which 99% of the time 2 or 4 will bringing that charge you should have made out the window in comes the month when needing to clean again and you regret every doing it, time and experience tells me to stick to my prices.
People that dont are shooting themselves in the foot IMO

if you can do for £8 another can for £7 when does that stop? when you are paying them to clean there windows ?

IMO the price advice is stick with your normal prices where are plenty of windows out there to clean at your price  ;)

Ian