This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

Re: have i done the right thing
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 05:44:14 pm »
fairplay for standing your ground but by the look of your avatar i dont really like your attitude!
its only a avatar mate im really a nice person i will change it just for you mate .
where theres muck theres money

MJH

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 05:46:24 pm »
Fair play but i wouldn't admit my actions in writing if you are going to deny it!! :-X

brightnclean

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 05:51:51 pm »
Whilst I symathise with the situation you found youself in to deal with it in the way you did was wrong.. end of.. for many reasons.

1: Against the law 2: A smear on decent professional window cleaners... especially if it gets out to the press etc. 3: Dangerous.. you could be up on a murder charge/ GBH etc.. Don't think a "slap" can't kill.. it can. 4: These people "Know people" and you and your family if you have any are now at risk. I would watch out for a needle "accidently" stabbing you sometime.

Also now nice Mr plod has been and you have admitted it from what I can gether. I would be very surprised if you don't end up on a charge for this.

It seems to me that the stereotypical image of the window cleaner is alive and well looking at a some of the replies  :(

MJH

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 06:08:16 pm »
Whilst I symathise with the situation you found youself in to deal with it in the way you did was wrong.. end of.. for many reasons.

1: Against the law 2: A smear on decent professional window cleaners... especially if it gets out to the press etc. 3: Dangerous.. you could be up on a murder charge/ GBH etc.. Don't think a "slap" can't kill.. it can. 4: These people "Know people" and you and your family if you have any are now at risk. I would watch out for a needle "accidently" stabbing you sometime.

Also now nice Mr plod has been and you have admitted it from what I can gether. I would be very surprised if you don't end up on a charge for this.

It seems to me that the stereotypical image of the window cleaner is alive and well looking at a some of the replies  :(

Changing the subject slightly, what is the stereotypical window cleaner like?

aztec

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 06:24:08 pm »
dave please change it back i am a chelsea fan!!!!

birdymiller

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 06:49:51 pm »
Good for you dave. It might be wrong and against the law but i bet it made you feel better. Unless youve got a record you aint going to prison for smacking some low life.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 06:50:22 pm »
.  ;D ;D
dave please change it back i am a chelsea fan!!!!
there you go mate im not a bad lad  ;D ;D

tonyoliver

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 06:55:15 pm »
if police  are called choose your words very very carefully you will be best advised to say nothing and tell the police he hit you and you want to make a complaint against him

honesty in this case is not the best policy

good luck

DASERVICES

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 07:04:02 pm »

ive got to wait until they see if they can get any evidance at the moment its my word against his and due to the type of person he his its unlikely they would take his word over mine , so its just a waiting game until they get back to me .

Dave I'd get this post deleted if I was you, this is evidence.  ;)

williamx

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 07:21:39 pm »
Dave

Are the police taking action ?

Did he report you ?

Dave
ive got to wait until they see if they can get any evidance at the moment its my word against his and due to the type of person he his its unlikely they would take his word over mine , so its just a waiting game until they get back to me .

I would delete this posting if I was you, because if the police or the victim get wind of it then you are screwed.

This victim is known by the police so you can bet he knows his rights, especially when it comes to criminal compensation.

I call this person a "victim" because if he can prove you attacked him then he will be treated as one, you will be treated as a thug and violent criminal, who decent people should be protected from.

If you are convicted he can sue you for every penny you have, you might even end up working as a window cleaner for years to come, but all the money you earn will go to him.

You also need to look after yours and your families' security, if he knows were you live and what times you are working, then you home and anyone who is there are vulnerable to some form of revenge attack, either by him or one of his friends.

Remember some important points if you need to observe if you need to whack someone.

1  Do it quietly and away from any prying eyes or cameras.

2  Put the fear of god in them if they get the idea that they will be coming looking for vengeance.

3  Never admit what you have done to Pc Plod, they might be nice to you but they have to log every thing down, otherwise they are in hot water.

4  NEVER EVER tell everyone on a public web-site what you have done.  

gary999

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 07:31:38 pm »
yep agree with previous post it may be paranoid mate but erase this post
some people may believe you wont be touched by this but any evidence
found against you no matter if he is low life or not will go against you

if you get away with it next time think twice!!

matt

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 07:40:18 pm »
dave

the only advice i can give you and it will save you even going to court, the CPS will now even bother

say he was acting like he was a threat and you thought you saw a knife in his hand, you acted before he stabbed you, mention you reconnised him as a local junkie and you felt you had to defend yourself as he looked wild ( he might have been on drugs )

s.hughes

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 07:52:35 pm »
dave

the only advice i can give you and it will save you even going to court, the CPS will now even bother

say he was acting like he was a threat and you thought you saw a knife in his hand, you acted before he stabbed you, mention you reconnised him as a local junkie and you felt you had to defend yourself as he looked wild ( he might have been on drugs )

Is this after he did a good clean on the custys.

rugby

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 07:55:41 pm »
i dont blame you for decking this clown,but i dont think i would have done the same thing,maybe a few years ago but as i get older i realise that its just not worth it,

i hope this all blows over soon and you can just forget about. fingers crossed m8

jonah

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 08:12:47 pm »
Dave , just in case things turn sour Ive ordered 100 T shirts with the slogan  " free dave shaw "  !    If any one is interested the T shirt can also be used as a sill wipe  ;D

mci services

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 08:13:14 pm »
dave mate under uk common law you have the right to defend yourself if you are threatened and feel you are about to be attacked. so even if you hit first this is allowed if you use resonable and proportionate force, so in other words if you saw what appeared to be a weapon of some kind and you believed he was going to use you can react first to defend yourself. it is same law that the police operate under when tackling yobs etc. if any more is said say nothing and get legal advice and you will be ok. if you had set about him with a weapon it would be differnt as it has to be propotionate force

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 09:11:56 pm »
Isn't the "victim" guilty of some sort of crime then? obtaining money by deception perhaps?
For what its worth although I agree with the comments i.e. it looking bad for business,
I'd be quite capable of doing the same if I lost it. 
Sussex by the sea

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 10:13:02 pm »
cheers guys i know ive done wrong but i feel i did the right thing in the spur of the moment my deepest regret is that i didnt do it hard enough . ive now got a witness who says she was really scared by this mans actions when he called at her house , im in no way a violent person but today was a loyal customer who phoned me asking if this lad was doing my work for me im not botherd that hes working in the same street , its when he says ive sent them to do the work .

RobE

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 10:27:22 pm »
Think you done the right thing mate, ur custys will be pleased that someone had the balls to deal with him and possibly stopped him from breaking into their property.

gary999

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 11:41:33 pm »
Dave , just in case things turn sour Ive ordered 100 T shirts with the slogan  " free dave shaw "  !    If any one is interested the T shirt can also be used as a sill wipe  ;D

lmao ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D