This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

have i done the right thing
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:34:48 pm »
about a hour ago ive just knocked the hell out of a smack head whos been going round a lot of my customers saying id sent them to clean the windows , as he was using ladders a few of my customers know that i wouldnt have sent him and 1 as phoned me asking if id sent him , i said no but let him carry on and clean them and i will come straight through . once i got there i just saw red and gave him a few good punches would you have done the same . ??? ???
where theres muck theres money

dave0123

Re: have i done the right thing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:37:05 pm »
did you do that on the customers property or near it? :o

i dont blame you for hitting him but wouldnt of done it near a customer mate.
Dave.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 12:39:05 pm »
did it on the street about 50 yrds from my customers house .

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:43:46 pm »
Dave

In a word no.

Violence breeds violence.

Dave

cvdewsbury

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 01:29:16 pm »
Apart from giving the tealeafing T**t a formal caution!!!What else could you do? as we all know these  F8*kers don,t give a F**k!.....You acted quite correctley.

gary999

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 02:26:13 pm »
sorry wrong thing mate unless he was taking a swing at you.if had severely  injured the guy
you would have more than a few lost customers to worry about. now how you feel
mate take it from me it isnt worth potentially doing time for its not like he was attacking your family

matt

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 02:41:44 pm »
the only thing with slapping dirty smackheads is geting blood on you, dont want any of there blood related diseases  ( Hep and hiv spring to mind ) >:( thats why running them over in a car is better, less chance of getting infected blood on you

of course i will join in with the group

you were very wrong to give them a slap, it gives all of us a bad unprofessional name, you should have turned the other cheek and asked the lord for guidence in this matter  :P :P failing that, asked some local passing girl guides / nuns / monks other good type of people ( delete as you seem fit )  for advice  :P :P

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 02:43:11 pm »
The problem is that he knows where you work... Whats to stop him finding you one day with a couple of his mates?

Violence is never worth it... You could have just warned him off your customers.

Now you'll probably be looking over your shoulder for the next few weeks.

Andy

macmac

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 02:54:46 pm »
You see, if i was in power, this situation would have never happened.

Why?

Because thay would have all been round up & shot! ;)

Tony

Sanity

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 03:12:38 pm »
So, while I understand your actions and applaud your stand against having the p took out of you, what will you now do if you get a knock on the door from the local plod arresting you for assault?  How many customers would like a convicted criminal wandering around the grounds of their property?

They won't stop to ask you what happened or to congratulate you, they will just assume the worst.  Believe me on this, I was convicted for giving my neighbor a slap over a 6 month dispute about his dog and kids running amok on my property.

My advice would be deny everything.  You were not there.

but in future, think before you act.  Is it worth it?

pingu

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 04:18:12 pm »
Sorry you're wrong for slapping this guy....

As much as you have to protect your business....slapping him may put you into a whole world of hurt....

Sorry but you're wrong in the world 'we' live in.

Dave.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 04:34:32 pm »
after a visit from the local police i honestly wish i would have hit him harder than i did . the police in there words said what low life thiefing scum he his turns out hes on bail for a few domestic break ins whos to say he wasnt trying to find a house to break in while posing as a window cleaner . yes perhaps it was the wrong thing to do but in the heat of the moment it happend . it wasnt the fact that i was protecting my work it was that he was saying to my custom that id sent him .

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 04:36:01 pm »
You're wrong to do it but there was a time I might have done similar myself.  I think the bit about whether or not he is a smackhead is a side issue really.  The point is that someone was trying to steal your work by telling lies about you.  What they do in their personal life is irrelevant.
Also, what Matt said is very relevant too.  If you drew blood and had a cut on yourself, it could lead to you getting diseased.  HIV is not so common but hep-c is certainly a very common one for a user to have if they have shared needles at any time.  It's no fun treating it either.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 04:41:43 pm »
Not a good idea.

Makes you look bad, and he could go looking for revenge, I know I would...

Be prepared for slashed tyres, bricks through windows, and revenge violence. :o

Adam Boss

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 04:53:08 pm »
Appart from that explained by squeaky i think you will be fine. :-\ :-\
EST: 1988

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 05:04:31 pm »
Dave

Are the police taking action ?

Did he report you ?

Dave

eddie d

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 05:14:37 pm »
good on you
to many people cross the line .

Pj

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 05:21:22 pm »
I'm afraid you're wrong.

It's true violence breeds violence.  Two wrongs don't make a right.
Technically you broke the law, but he didn't even though I too would feel very indignant.  It's not taking reasonable steps to defend yourself when you go after someone and smack them a couple of times.

And finally...If you drew blood (his) and if you so much as grazed yourself watch it!  Because you don't know what he's carrying.

It's tough out there sometimes

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 05:35:21 pm »
Dave

Are the police taking action ?

Did he report you ?

Dave
ive got to wait until they see if they can get any evidance at the moment its my word against his and due to the type of person he his its unlikely they would take his word over mine , so its just a waiting game until they get back to me .

aztec

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 05:38:52 pm »
fairplay for standing your ground but by the look of your avatar i dont really like your attitude!