This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Attn Aspects
« on: March 14, 2008, 05:23:02 pm »
Hi Dean,

Have been reading an article about certain parts of Angus you are not allowed to go and knock doors in the area. I see now that there has been a meeting with other Councils who are looking into this and banning people knocking on doors.

Are you aware of this, if so can you shed some light.

I can see where trading standards are coming from in that this will stop bogus tradesmen but the likes of licensed window cleaners I think should not be targetted for this. Funny though they are trying to stop bogus workers and they have included mormoms etc.. I don't think they have done their homework right.

Thanks

Doug

Dean Aspects

Re: Attn Aspects
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 05:47:15 pm »
Their was a campaign run jointly by the council and the police to stop cold calling as their was an increase of bogus callers in the area and many pensioners were robbed of cash and valuables basically they handed out stickers to put on doors/windows saying no door to door salesman cold callers and canvassers and suchlike if i see stickers like this i just leaflet and leave it upto them to call
Dont know if their are whole areas that you cant go though
Where did you read this?

Dean

mci services

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 05:55:07 pm »
doug these stickers are all over falkirk as well if i see them i just leaflet

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 06:04:22 pm »
I saw it in the Daily Mail yesterday I think, was reading it whilst having a meal in Asdas.

Might be worth while me contacting trading standards to give their full backing in banning unlicensed traders, this way only licensed window cleaners would have the right to canvass.!!!

Dean Aspects

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:57 pm »
Saw this today right next to a house i have done for years never seen it before but it shows their are areas that are no go for cold calling

Dean

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53:48 pm »
just tell them your canvassing

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:35:14 pm »
Their was a campaign run jointly by the council and the police to stop cold calling as their was an increase of bogus callers in the area and many pensioners were robbed of cash and valuables basically they handed out stickers to put on doors/windows saying no door to door salesman cold callers and canvassers and suchlike if i see stickers like this i just leaflet and leave it upto them to call
Dont know if their are whole areas that you cant go though
Where did you read this?

Dean
There are loads of areas around here that are no coldcalling zones, I dont know what that covers thought. if you put a leafelt out and said you would be back on say monday night does that then class it as warm calling  :-\