Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cbcs

Re: A couple of pics from today
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 11:41:47 am »
Where did you get the sign from?

poleman

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 11:46:39 am »
Got one from here http://www.safetyshop.com/products/productcategory.asp?topgroupcode=PE&parentgroupcode=PE12

Paid about 80 pounds, you might get cheaper, but cant put a price on your safety

Andy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 11:52:53 am »
Andy

The road was very quiet and i only had to step out occasionally to do the very top row, also had a banksman slowing the traffic down.

Nath

You can tell from that pic that a supalight with a £2.25 Tesco special on the end looks more pro ?

I know the supalight has its uses but to say it is more pro, surely your having a laugh.

I know trad cleaners dont use gold plated squeegies, but they dont use tesco specials either.

I do loads of top quality buildings some worth up to £20 million along with high street names such as M&s and I wont jepordise it with what looks like home made equipment.

I am sorry if it upsets some but in my opinion a tesco special just isnt professional at all

Dave

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 11:54:17 am »
I thought you were a moderator? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 11:56:40 am »
Luke

Ionics no longer sell that brush , they now have new one.

Yes i am a moderator but I still have an opinion.

Dave

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2008, 11:58:55 am »
Yeah, I know they have a new one. The new one isnt a crinkle monofilament or a dual trim....I think :) Your pole looks good, and so does mine  :)
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

poleman

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2008, 11:58:58 am »
David, I wasn't having a go but showing what we use, I am sure you had the site under control  

Andy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2008, 12:01:46 pm »
Andy

I didnt hink you was lol.

I like the sign and will be buying one.

For anyone who is interested there are new laws coming out 1st April and may effect what you can do on the road.

Luke

I am going to buy a supalite because i need one , just hope they sort the brush problem

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2008, 12:07:00 pm »
Alex has a new one coming out if it concerns you. I have a whole range of brushes to choose from for different jobs and swivels and gooseecks etc etc I just use the best for that  job. I wouldnt be suprised if it becomes the only pole you will ever use personaly. Maybe not so good for employees as they might get all confused putting it together LOL

What are those laws as I do quite alot of work on the road, Luke

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2008, 12:12:36 pm »
I like the idea of the supalite, but you cant beat just grabbing a pole out of the van and getting on with the job straight away.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2008, 12:14:54 pm »
I can get the Super-lite up really quick, maybe not quite as quick as you can put up a telescopic?? But the time you save using a light pole is worth it, Luke

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2008, 12:15:11 pm »
I think you can stick what you like on the end of the Superlight2 it's just that Alex prefers the bentley for the high stuff. Why buy the lightest pole then stick a lead wight on the end?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2008, 12:17:45 pm »
Exactly! It makes the pole light and stiff and you can scrub really quick just like your doing a second story window, Luke

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2008, 12:18:26 pm »
Comparing the two pics, the xtel pole looks like its bent in the middle, it might be just an optical illusion but it still looks a bit bendy at that height.  The SL2 would be lighter and it does look a lot more rigid.  However the xtel would be easier to extend especially in a tight situation.  I really like the xtel range but I think at that height the SL2 is probably the way to go, unless you have a job with bad access.

I must admit I do feel the same as Dave when it comes to brushes.  Even if a bently does do a fantastic job, image is as important as equipment, some people will pick a window cleaner because he looks the part more.  I have however heard really bad reports about the bently, bonzer told me that when he started using it he got loads of spotting.  I can't wait to try out the new brush from gardeners especially when they bring out a double trim version.

Simon.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2008, 12:21:57 pm »
However the xtel would be easier to extend especially in a tight situation.

The SL2 is great for tight situations, I do a job where the previous wc'er refused to do part of the windows ( 40ft high in a tight alley ). You can lift it form 45ft from the floor ( horizontal ) Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2008, 12:32:27 pm »
Oh and at that height unlike a telescopic you can lift of to rinse if you want, Luke

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:38 pm »
Why sink the ship for an eighthpence of tar.

Sherwood

You are right about image, if a builder turned up with out his Bosch drill and instead got out his B&q special, i would be very worried.

Same if a mechanic came without his snap-ons.

The astheatics at the business doesnt look impressive at all, you have carbon going into alloy then black plastic , then into a tesco special. with a dangling hose.

I am sure Alex in time will address these issues

There is a slight optical ollusion in the first pic, there looks like a lot of bend because i was stood half way into the road to get over the second top window.

Like i said there is a place for both and i am going to buy a supalite so no love lost there

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2008, 12:41:29 pm »
I bet loads of big commercial contracts have been lost because the brush looked cheap! ::)
I would have thought the image of the operator was far more important. I mean would you employ that scruffy half shaved Dave St ives chap who posted his picture on here wearing trainers? I wouldn't.  ;)
As long as my builder gets a Boch drill out of the back of his Robin Reliant he must be good.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2008, 12:43:26 pm »
Yeah, I know they have a new one. The new one isnt a crinkle monofilament or a dual trim....I think :) Your pole looks good, and so does mine  :)

The new multipole brush is normal monofilament, still dual trim, but a bit stiffer. Apart from crinkle it's identical. I think the new ones have 2mm pencil jets instead of the 3mm ones. The brush is specially designed to last in hot wfp applications.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2008, 12:44:29 pm »
After getting Alexs new brush I might give that new Ionics a go, Luke