Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: A couple of pics from today
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 11:09:09 pm »
Do tell please.

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 11:20:09 pm »
I'm going to bed because I'm tired. What I've sen you might not seem like much.....

I'm going to delete earlier comments to save winding Dave up

mark dew

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 11:49:36 pm »
It`s supposed to heat the water to 60 degrees but in real terms how hot is that and by that i mean is it as hot as a hot bath or a cup of tea etc,i don`t have a thermometer handy.

Use to have one of those thermometers in the bath and a good heat was around 42 degrees. 45 and it was too hot for me to get into.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 12:45:23 am »
MR Sol

me sulk now way, I dont think you know me very well.

Neil , the red coat guy is on another job, we had 3 guys not on the pic, one is takng the pic , other guy out of site.

Dave

S.A.J

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 09:06:16 am »
Nice pics Dave, that’s my next thing to get is a 60ft pole oh and a second van. Will be targeting that kind of work in April.

Is it alright I use those pics mate??

Stuart  8)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 10:11:05 am »
Heres some picures of me and my dad a few weeks back. I did all the cleaning but he held the poles for the pictures because he doesnt know how to operate the camera!!! Its the sl2 at 45ft, the highest window on the building is 50ft and the sl2 reaches.

this picture is taken 50ft up, I use my camera to see if the jobs been done properly

this picture doesnt look like it but its actually over 45ft up

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

elite mike

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 10:15:25 am »
hi rupertthehair
i dont think i would like to trad them  :D  :D
looks a good one
mike

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 10:21:42 am »
Mike, you can still call me Luke if you want!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 10:23:42 am »
lol sorry

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 10:28:40 am »
It`s supposed to heat the water to 60 degrees but in real terms how hot is that and by that i mean is it as hot as a hot bath or a cup of tea etc,i don`t have a thermometer handy.
60 degree's is fairly hot,.... but over 100 mtrs of hose you can loose a lot of heat, especially in the depths of winter, so the water hitting the glass will prob be closer to 45-50 degrees. Still hotter than I use at the moment,.. but even at my lower temps (30-40 deg) I find Hot very effective and SOOOOOO much nicer to use.

Post some pics when its done,.. it may give me some ideas  how to improve my diy system!

Thanks for the e-mail Mr Sol,.. very helpful stuff!

NWH

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 10:34:43 am »
Cheers Nat,i will post some pictures when  it`s done.It dosen`t have a heat regulater i think so when your using it hot the water will be 60 degrees,you can have it adapted so that you can pre heat the water in the tank if wanted while on the way to first job etc,just by turning it on to hot you should have hot through in a couple of minutes.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 11:07:59 am »
The only thing i can see with that pic is the cheap tesco brush on the end, they dont look professional one bit and let the "whole" image down.

I used to use one until someone laughed at me and said it looked home made, it made me look closer and i just thought to myself  "what are you playing at, sort yourself out David and get a proper brush on the end"

I wouldnt dream of using one now

If it looks cheap , the customer will notice it.

Dave

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 11:12:12 am »
I have lots of brushes. Vikans, Ionics, Bentleys, Addis etc etc. The Super-lite from Gardiners ( Bentley ) is by far the best for the job end of. Nobody has ever mentioned anything, I doubt they can even notice. Ive got my name down for Gardiners new brush so that will be good. I could have put the Ionics on the pole but it doesnt splay quite right for this job even though its nice and light, Luke

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 11:16:13 am »
Do trad cleaners use expensive looking squegees?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 11:17:52 am »
Heres the Ionic, I dont use it as much as I used to, prefer the Vikans for most jobs, but they are a little heavy:

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 11:20:44 am »
The only thing i can see with that pic is the cheap tesco brush on the end, they dont look professional one bit and let the "whole" image down.

I used to use one until someone laughed at me and said it looked home made, it made me look closer and i just thought to myself  "what are you playing at, sort yourself out David and get a proper brush on the end"

I wouldnt dream of using one now

If it looks cheap , the customer will notice it.

Dave

Whatever about the brush,... Lukes pole looks a lot more pro than yours Dave,... no offense intended. It just looks lighter, more rigid, and smaller at the base.
I do think that the new brush will be a big improvement ascetically,... but I've used bentleys and their cleaning power/weight balance is very very good. None of my custies ever noticed!

elite mike

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 11:27:26 am »
Do trad cleaners use expensive looking squegees?
we only use the gold plated diamond encrusted ones from harrods  :D  :D
mike

poleman

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 11:31:26 am »
David

You should have one of these, we have them in the van for jobs just like what you doing

Roll Up Signs - Keep Right Arrow

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 11:35:38 am »
Thats signs good, might get one, Luke

poleman

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 11:40:58 am »
They are very good, we had one of them fixed metal ones, but made to much noise in the back of the van

Andy