This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

Unscientific comparison - Different types of leaflets
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:20:31 pm »
Most of my round has been built up since last August with the type of leaflet that the customer puts in their window and I call back to see them within 3 days.

I ran out of that type of leaflet and as I had 5000 of the 'call me whenever' leaflet in the garage I decided to have them put out instead. Out of 3k put out I had 7 phone calls (over the last two weeks)

As the response was so poor I ordered 5k of the old style leaflets and the first batch of 300 wne out last night. Today, I had a quick drive around and there are 12 in the windows. For my money the leave it in the window leafted is far far better.

To any newbies, go for the leave int eh window style leafet every time. Yes it is more work as you hav to drive around to check but in my experience the response is much better. One tip -  take someone with you when you go 'spotting'. I didn't in teh beginning and nearly crashed the car trying to look both ways.

cbcs

Re: Unscientific comparison - Different types of leaflets
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:24:47 pm »
You got a copy of this leaflet please? How do you word it?

peter holley

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 10:32:49 pm »
never thought of that ....good idea

davids3511

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:48:21 pm »
Here you go, not a Picasso but it works for me.  I have them printed on A6 300grm card which works out at about £60.00 from Printcarrier.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:53:25 pm »
It does sound like an impressive response, but depending on how the leaflet was worded i would expect a few could be just looking for a price comparison to what they are currently paying. I maybe wrong.

If it has worked in the past then keep it going.  :)

I've seen a couple of examples on here somewhere, if you have yours available to show lets us all have a look. Be nice to see it.

Wayne

'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54:04 pm »
Ahh beat me too it ;D
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

davids3511

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 10:58:32 pm »
Hi

I generally get an 80% takeup rate so there are not too many price surfers but I do agree you will get some.

David

groundhog

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 11:19:18 pm »
Great idea! When I first started building my round I used to deliver batches of about 50 flyers at a time telling the customer about my service and informing them that I would call back in 2 days to see if they were interested in a quote, and I would give an approx time on the flyer, it was a very successful method for me, and allowed me to build my round very quickly!

davids3511

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 11:21:29 pm »
I say I will be back within 3 days. I think the better result is because they actually have to make a decision, rather than put it to one side to ring later which they never do.

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 11:25:35 pm »
I agree David, but if you knock on there door as well a couple of days later then I think you will find that you will pick up even more customers!

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 06:59:44 pm »
Could leave you wide open to somebody targetting the same area - they knock first and sign up the prospect, never mind it's the wrong one, when you knock you'll get the "sorry, lready got someone".  I used to use something similar in the early 70's when window cleaners were as rare as hen's teeth, but these days I prefer not to advertise to other window cleaners where I'm operating.

Cheers,

Ian

geefree

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 07:56:18 pm »
Good idea, can also see the side of other opinons,

i think it has an end result because it calls for action rather than pop it in the drawer.

i dont really think the chances are high that another window cleaner would have the gaul to gate crash....

so the advantages for using it must outweigh the disadvantages.

jonah

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 08:17:24 pm »
Got some great advice on here about delivering , then calling a few days later !  It really works .......... It is funny to hear the same comment over an over again " Oh yes I was going to call you " . People soon forget so call back within a few days  :)

davids3511

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 09:46:16 pm »
Could leave you wide open to somebody targetting the same area - they knock first and sign up the prospect, never mind it's the wrong one, when you knock you'll get the "sorry, lready got someone".  I used to use something similar in the early 70's when window cleaners were as rare as hen's teeth, but these days I prefer not to advertise to other window cleaners where I'm operating.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi

Yes, I am aware it might happen but thankfully it hasn't yet (that I know of). I have seen a few window cleaners look hard at them but walk on by.

David

jonah

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 09:53:58 pm »
How do they look hard at them ? and how did you know they were w/cs ?

geefree

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 09:58:14 pm »
 :o  like that

jonah

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 10:05:34 pm »
Thats not hard !would worry me more if people looked in and  :'(

davids3511

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 05:31:30 pm »
How do they look hard at them ? and how did you know they were w/cs ?

They looked hard by actually stoping and reading the leaflet and having a good look at the house. I know they were window cleaners because they either had the ladder and trad gear or actually went up the ladder and cleaned the windows of the neighbour.