Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alex25

Reduce waste water
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:29:07 am »
I`ve just set up my new merlin RO system & it`s working just as it should with DI to polish!
What I would like to know "if any one can help" if i run the tap water through a pre filter before the merlin will this reduce the waste water? & will it prolong the life of the merlin filters?
If yes what prefilter would be best?
If not i will save my money for replacement filters & DI

Cheers  Deano!!

Re: Reduce waste water
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:38:47 am »
I`ve just set up my new merlin RO system & it`s working just as it should with DI to polish!
What I would like to know "if any one can help" if i run the tap water through a pre filter before the merlin will this reduce the waste water? & will it prolong the life of the merlin filters?
If yes what prefilter would be best?
If not i will save my money for replacement filters & DI

Cheers  Deano!!
what is your tds from tap ?

alex25

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 04:52:30 pm »
TDS from tap between 270/340

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:57:32 pm »
i'm sure someone with a merlin can give you a good answer but i thought they were waste heavy anyway. But like any other RO i think the way to reduce waste is to use a booster pump.

alex25

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 05:24:19 pm »
What will a bosster pump do ???
If it`s to increase pressure from the tap then no need, I get more psi than I need ?
thanx 4 reply

twt

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 05:29:35 pm »
as far as i know the only way to reduce waste on a merlin is to makes sure you have the best pressure it can take and then fit a flow control valve on the waste outlet and reduce the waste this way, however this also reduces the membrane life span. pre filters will help to prolong the lifespan of the membrane but they will not rduce waste.