Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Grainger

Re: Getting the proffesionals in
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 04:21:50 pm »
I am, but its not always because it cleans better, its more practical and you can get it done quicker.

It just pea's me off that Truckmounters think that porty users are rubbish even though some of the most experienced and best CC's use portables.

Are you happy again now, Phones are busy quiet, busy quiet at the moment. Spent Yesterday ringing my database to remind them about me and get work. I did ok and picked up a few jobs.

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 04:23:58 pm »
Having a Truckmount does not always mean top job or being a member of NCCA for that matter, what you should ask for is proof of previous work, any CC worth his salt will have testamonials.

Its the skill of the user and not all down the the equipment.

How very true i remember when i finished my basic training in the fire service..........my station commander and the general public didnt ask if i could not turn up on the fire engine because ive only had so much experience compared to the others ????????

I dont get people ask me to only clean their windows if i only have water fed poles?

Neil Grainger

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 04:28:50 pm »
Joe

Why assume that a NCCA member is any good because they did their induction course and were able to pass an exam. I have a company around me that the Owner is NCCA certified but he never cleans and pays minimum rate to untrained staff to do the work.

NCCA know about this but have they changed the membership criteria to sort this yet.

Had a bad day, sorry for the rant.

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 04:35:43 pm »
Maybe TM will be quicker if there are residues from "rug doctors, puzzi's & vanish etc after house parties"  :o

May be quicker to look for carpet suppliers in Leeds  ::)

richardc1983

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 05:01:32 pm »
Theres lots of residues from rug doctors and hired machines from homesbase in my carpets.  So im thinking truck mount might be better?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 05:05:24 pm »
Hi Guys

Had one the other week I was contracted to clean carpet and another firm to do bathrooms etc.

Guy turned up late, had CC machine laying in the back of a truck, covered by a tarpaulin.

On his shirt was embalzoned the NCCA logo.

After a while during one of his many f*g breaks, we had a chat and I asked him if he was NCCA 'qualified' to which he answered yes with  little conviction .

I casually asked him whether he was 'trained at Leicester or Manchester to see his reaction but he just admitted he had no training and his boss had been on a course but didn't do much cleaning.

The irony of the situation struck me  ::)

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 05:11:16 pm »
Thought the 'one to one' rule was in place now  ???

Phillip Mold

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 05:11:47 pm »
It is, since April 2007.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

gwrightson

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 05:36:32 pm »
as if it would be enforced :)

infact how would they enforce,? i would suggest impossible   .

as for the differnce t/m v porty   im sure the porty will get rid of vax, rug doctor etc, so  just as well as as a t/m  , so for your personal needs I wouldnt fret over which you would get. the one thing that puzzles me is the price you have been quoted, seems on the cheap side to me, and forgive me for been blunt but anyone worth their salt would be charging more, especially a t/m owner " ouch "  sure their will be come back on that statment. 

Andy, even if the job was in York , you wouldnt do :)

geoff it for that price , would you ?
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Neil Grainger

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 05:44:16 pm »
Big night for your Boys tonight Geoff. Are you getting Nervous.

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 05:45:02 pm »
Just noticed someone from Leicester is selling NCCA bits on eBay........survey sheets, course notes and bodywarmer with NCCA patch ..............  :o ::) :-X

gwrightson

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 05:53:33 pm »
Im glued, all night  appleton,  ;D

no worries, not nervous ,

unlike , some gunners must have been .

;)

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

lands

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 06:14:10 pm »
Ring around ask for quotes and then ask for method the firm will use and come back to us. We can tell you if he/she is doing it properly and all you have to do is make them stick to it.

I would have charged at least £90 for this job.

Pete

lands

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 06:22:13 pm »
Just to add. There's a guy near me who uses NCCA logo on all his advertising around here and he is not a member.

Pete

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 06:35:09 pm »
is it http://www.thecarpetcleaner.info/?gclid=CPfrq_fYhZICFQ1ZMAod-X1O3g

£47 is very cheap but you could always vacuum really well efore he comes and move the furniture so he has no excuse to do a decent job if you make an easy job for him.

Shaun

markpowell

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 06:37:50 pm »
I gave you a quote for this clean a month ago, you may have misplaced it it was about £100.00 i think.
I can do it this week if you want it doing give us a call 01422 820572.
Mark

markpowell

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 07:19:39 pm »
Just to clarify looked back through quotes it was actually £85.00 mate.
Mark

lands

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 07:21:47 pm »
There you go Richard. Being a member on here does'nt guarantee you are good but most come on here to learn and exchange technical and practical idaes which means we are mostly looking to do the best job we can at all times so that should give you the confidence you need. Go with Mark.

Bennie25

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 07:50:05 pm »
Agree with that, members on here should be well informed, go with him,

Neil use a TM for a few months then if you had the TM or porty sat outside your house you tell me which you choose to clean YOUR carpets,

lol ;D

You wont match the heat of a TM, not without damaging your pump on a porty nor will you match the suction. you might just get the 400psi though, maybe?

dan roberts

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2008, 09:01:22 pm »
How come this guy has a 47 posts to his name? He seems very well educated in the world of carpet cleaning, esp. for a guy who doesnt even own the carpets his landlord does allegedly.
This is a post from someone taking the pi##, or is it just me?

Dan
Life moves pretty fast, if u dont stop and look around once in a while, u could miss it.