Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Derek_Walker

Re: Getting the proffesionals in
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 10:29:41 am »
Hi Joe,

and on the point of     ... if there was a truck mount and a portable outside my house which would I choose to clean my carpets............
I would'nt want either if Micky Mouse was the operator.

What if Mickey Mouse was an NCCA member, fully trained?    :o     Just kidding

Richard I am sure you will receive an excellent service, recommendations are always the best way to go.

Joe H

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 10:46:55 am »
Yep I agree Micky could be NCCA - but NCCA is IMO a "good pointer". Got to start somewhere.

Richard - glad you fixed up and as Derek and others have said ..... recomendations are a really good way of finding someone.

and dont be cut up about the "explosions" on here about your post.
as this one calms down another will start............ in fact, it may already have started!

richardc1983

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 11:03:57 am »
i do really enjoy reading all the posts on here. 

I may not know about the finer details of CC but i do know what u lot are talkin about.

Eventually i do want to run my own cleaning business, i love cleaning everything from floors to dusting to hoovering.

My friends and family say i should put my energies into a cleaning business, but i dont think im mature yet to enough to do this.

richardc1983

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2008, 11:10:19 am »
Just to clarify looked back through quotes it was actually £85.00 mate.
Mark

sORRY mate

I dont hve any recollection of this quote how did u send me it?  Was it a PM on here?

markpowell

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 11:11:27 am »
Richard,
I thought you did own your own cleaning company, you posted on here not so long ago saying that one of your customers cats had urined on a carpet and you wanted to know if anyone could go out and sort it, i offered and you also asked if i could clean your carpets at the same time. Something funny going on here me thinks!!!!!!! ??? ???
Mark

richardc1983

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2008, 12:02:14 pm »
I clean  a few peoples houses in local area for a bit of pocket money so to speak, i advertised in the local offlicense shop window.  A couple of elderly people, help with their vacuuming and stuff like that.

I dont actually have a cleaning company although one day i would like to have.

I remember now, i have a terrible memory.

Yes the urine smell had gone now after the carpet had dried properly so no need to have that area cleaned in the house.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008, 04:42:25 pm »
Hi Tony

Experience is important but not everything but all other things being equal, then one would expect a more experienced CC to be better than an inexperienced one.

However all things are not equal and there are obviously exceptions.

I picked 5 years experience but one could equally argue for 1 or 10 depending on ones perspective.

In the absense of any poper qualifications such as NVQ's experience is the best benchmark we have.

Cheers

Doug

Joe H

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008, 06:57:39 pm »
Very difficult isnt to put a measurement on things.

How do you judge experiance in as much ..... is one getting better as the years go by, remaining stagnent or going backwards.

I know a mechanic who has been at it for years - wouldnt trust my push bike with him..... and I havent got one!

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2008, 07:23:14 pm »
Ok Doug fair comment.
Mark this customer only moved into this area 18 months ago and used this carpet cleaner to do her lounge when she moved in. No she didn't have a clue who to use all she knew was she was not happy with the results from a so called EXPERIENCED carpet cleaner and when she saw the method i used she knew why cheers m8 Tony ;) ;)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

richardc1983

« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2008, 08:59:49 am »
The guy im using has said hes doing about 4 or 5 stages depending on the carpet i got and how bad it is.

Some others who quoted at the cheaper end said that it was purely a wash of the carpet they were doing and nothing else!