Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy Hogarth

Anyone had this call??
« on: March 09, 2008, 07:12:25 pm »
I recieved a telephone call the other day and the lady on the phone instantly 'Thanked' me for my generous donation which I agreed to last year, I had apparently agreed to have my contact details on an anti bullying and child protection publication that was to be sent out to schools and nurseries.

The price was £220 + 

I explained that I never agreed to this and although it was probably a very good cause, My prefered charity is a local one raising cash for a hight dependancy unit for the childrens ward, I do quite a few sponsored events to raise cash and certain jobs gained through the charity I donate a percentage.

At this she got real arsey and told me the publications were back from the printers with my details on there was no way of going back, However she'd cut the price I have to pay.........No I said, I didn't recall the conversation and wouldn't have agreed to it. She told me that she had on her computer that in May last year the original conversation took place and I had definatley agreed to this, using my logo, She said that details were sent to me in the post at the address I live at now.

Only thing was that I didn't live at this address last May and only registered the business in November last year and have only had my logo for a few months!!!!!!!

At this she tells me she'll speak to her boss and sort something out...... Course she will

Anyone else had this type of afair or is it just me ;D
I know that it's for a good cause but hell you can't just expect people to agree to giving away over £200, the advert size was ridiculous as well, something like 3x1 inch round the edge of the inside page

Andy
Www.2venturegroup.com

sherco

Re: Anyone had this call??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:18:32 pm »
We had the same thing come up on the tiling forum the other week, lots of people being contacted, its a scam mate.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:20:50 pm »
They just hoping yu fall for it.

Last one I got I just said "what was the order number I gave you", of course they havnt got one. End of conversation.

lands

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 07:39:30 pm »
I've had it too. They said that my company had agreed to it last April. Current company was'nt even in existance at this point. Got it again last week and was ready. I said "oh yes, can I take your name and number and call you back? Line went dead.

Pete

david holland

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 07:59:54 pm »
received this call as well-  she was ringing from a very dodgy part of Manchester- asked her to send me a copy of the booklet - funny never heard from her again !!!!

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 08:16:33 pm »
This scam has been around for ages along with many others of a similar nature ie books for schools-fire brigade calendars-royal greenjackets-nursing mags.
They all start off phoning you and thanking you for a donation that you agreed to months ago,they ususally say they spoke to someone in your company and you agreed to donate  x amount and they are calling to collect payment.
When you question it they try to get you to agree to a lesser amount,the royal greenjackets even threatened to take me to court,but never followed up their empty threat.-John

Mike Roper

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »
Any newbies out there take note !!!! Never agree to anything like this . It is more than likely a scam but at best if its genuine a complete waste of time .
Mike

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 08:24:55 pm »
It is a SCAM
Year planners, calanders, colouring books the list is endless.
No disrepect to anyone from the following areas Manchester/Liverpool/St Helens but the epicentre of this ongoing scam always seems to be centred there.

dan roberts

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 09:18:21 pm »
I've had it twice in my other business, the second time was ALOT OF FUN!! Knowing it was a scam and just winding them up by pretending to fall for it then re tracking then going with it......... Enjoy the call!! I always do with any telesales people, pi#s them off more than they pi#s you off its great!!!

Dan
Life moves pretty fast, if u dont stop and look around once in a while, u could miss it.

Bennie25

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 09:35:17 pm »
Could not agree more, wind um up;

I had this one a few times, I laugh at them and say what you going to do with all them leaflets ;D

The last time went like this

Her "We spoke to yourself back in June"

me "NO YOU NEVER"

her "ahh yes we did" 

me "NO YOU NEVER"

her "we did"

me "NO YOU NEVER"

she give up with me then, lol, just have fun with them or keep um talking waste there time, lol

boshravie

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 10:21:50 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D nice one bennin .
but dont keep them on the phone tooooooooooooooo long if you have a diversion on your phone to your mobile.

terryyy100

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 07:23:28 am »
It take 3 seconds to say  THANKS BUT NO THANKS  then just hang up, once you have done this a few times it becomes easy. Terry

M.Acorn

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 09:40:35 am »
Yep had this last week company from Liverpool saying i had aggreed to do some charity thing for the emergency services.I said no sorry not interested,but all your details are here on my system and we are ready to go to print ! you can`t pull out now.Oh yes i can i said,they then called me daily at least twice a day for 3 days !
Last year i had the books for schools one and fell for it ! £200 odd £ oh well it will come out of my tax i suppose,won`t be falling for anything like that again though
What goes around comes around

ollie

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 09:57:52 am »
ask for an address so you can hand deliver a cheque.
ollie

*Chris Browne

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 10:13:19 am »
Yep..loads of them....

spindle

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 06:21:50 pm »
£220.thats cheaper than last year :o :o

had calenders calling you are the ONLY carpet cleaner we are offering this too.....

last year was £400 ;D
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

rob fryer

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 06:58:46 pm »
Had same thing a while back new it was a scam i asked her if she was going commando,
I laughed all day.

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 09:32:39 pm »
So it's not just me then ;D ;D ;D

She did mention that I'd be the only carpet cleaner on it ;D ;D ;D
Www.2venturegroup.com

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 07:15:58 am »
So it's not just me then ;D ;D ;D

She did mention that I'd be the only carpet cleaner on it ;D ;D ;D

She meant you would be the only cc on it from that area.
They of course duplicate the sales over a very large area.

Still steer clear and say NO

Bill Robinson

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 11:46:41 am »
i have them say to me there northumberland police the first time i was worried now i just say no your not you just want my money and your not getting it