Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

calmore

Magic Water...
« on: March 08, 2008, 08:15:31 pm »
used some "magic water" t'other day for the first time on a paying job and I must admit I was amazed by the result!

It was an end of tenancy clean so the house was empty and I had as long to do the job as I needed. I figured that if it didn't do the job I could always do it again.

I simply didn't think it'd work. I now regret not taking before and after pics..
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Magic Water...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 08:27:19 pm »
What's magic water?

Shaun

carpet guy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 08:46:42 pm »
German lager

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 09:52:54 pm »
I've been caining the 'Super' strength stuff from up north recently. Gave me a real headache though.

Only got relief when i chucked it down the loo and resorted to tried and trusted remedies. 

Shame, because it's cheap and I really hoped it would make me happy.

carpet guy

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 10:06:20 am »
I tried to import some Magic Water from the original source in concentrated form, across the Pond, but it never reached me.  Might have another go !

Gave up the other stuff a few years ago, when I realised I was paying for something that caused me to wear out the carpet by visiting the loo a lot more, but never seemed to have any other effect than to lighten my pocket.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:18:02 am »
I've used real water straight from the tap and got amazing results, does this mean I should throw away all my other chemicals and just use plain water on every carpet I clean?

I hear this all the time;

I used '.............' ( fill in with any chemical) and I was amazed! it cleaned brilliantly'

but strangely is always just as they've bought it,  its the same with everything! the first time anyone used the Greenies wand it had the carpet dry in 30mins..... first time they use a wonderwand they had the carpet dry 30mins.. the first time thy used the scorpion they had the carpet dry in 30mins.... the first time they used 2inch hose the carpet dried in 30mins

its like everyone has to justify to themselves that they didn't make a mistake by buying something new , so they come on here and tell everyone how brilliant their purchase is.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:40:41 am »
You are right Mike. You only have to look at the diet industry to realise that.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 11:32:33 am »
So much truth in your observations Mike

The cleaning chemicals are additives TO the water. The solutions we use are mainly water.

Some years ago I had a minging let to clean. Went thorugh the usual procedures with my MS formula. I wasn't very happy with the results (I was surprised) so I did the whole thing again, spray, agitate and freshwater rinse. Cracked it. When I went back to the kitchen to top up my porty, on the side with the MS still in it was my measuring jug.  I'd been cleaning with tap water all through :o  Just goes to show how much of the process is physics with just a small amount down to chemistry

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 12:02:31 pm »
Hi Ken

What about Physical Chemistry ?

It is the chemistry of water whcih makes it so interesting, it should be a gas at room temeperature as silmilar molecular weight molecules , such as carbon dioxide are.

Cheers

Doug

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 12:02:53 pm »
So what's the piece of equipment you most regretted buying?

Mine would have to be the Prochem Bazooka.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 09:32:24 pm »
Got to be the 12" RABBIT did me out of a job  :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

carpet guy

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 07:45:22 am »
What Mike Halliday says above is absolutely true....................consider what happens when a bucket of water is spilt and not cleared up for maybe half an hour.

rob

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 02:31:33 pm »
I've used real water straight from the tap and got amazing results, does this mean I should throw away all my other chemicals and just use plain water on every carpet I clean?

I hear this all the time;

I used '.............' ( fill in with any chemical) and I was amazed! it cleaned brilliantly'

but strangely is always just as they've bought it,  its the same with everything! the first time anyone used the Greenies wand it had the carpet dry in 30mins..... first time they use a wonderwand they had the carpet dry 30mins.. the first time thy used the scorpion they had the carpet dry in 30mins.... the first time they used 2inch hose the carpet dried in 30mins

its like everyone has to justify to themselves that they didn't make a mistake by buying something new , so they come on here and tell everyone how brilliant their purchase is.
  I wonder if when you buy these items and you promise to give a plug or two on Forums if you get a discount ??? ??? ???

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 02:40:11 pm »
I wish ............. would have saved a fortune if that was the case  ::) ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 02:50:28 pm »
Hi Guys

There are rumours which circulate that certain people are in the pay of suppliers but I do not believe there is any large scale corruption on this forum.

CC's are not stupid and have a pretty good idea who is associated with who and who post under psuedonyms.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 03:05:34 pm »
Been famously accused of being 'a Solutions poodle' on more than one occasion but  never been paid for the privilege ( in either cash or goods )  :(

Have also heard rumours of incentives offered to continually snipe at products by sellers of competing products ............ but as Doug states  "CC's are not stupid and have a pretty good idea who is associated with who and who post under psuedonyms "

lands

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 03:07:20 pm »
No-one could ever accuse you of being a poodle Chris, they have far too many grooming issues.

Darren O

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 03:13:35 pm »
Is it one rule for the carpet cleaning section and another for the window cleaning section.There is suppliers on the window cleaning section advertising there products every day of the week including prices even taking orders on the forum nobody says a thing about it.If i were Mike Boxall i would be taking some dosh of them for letting them advertise on his site.

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:22 pm »
Maybe they do it nicely and there is no bitching going on  ;D

lands

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 03:46:08 pm »
Is it one rule for the carpet cleaning section and another for the window cleaning section.There is suppliers on the window cleaning section advertising there products every day of the week including prices even taking orders on the forum nobody says a thing about it.If i were Mike Boxall i would be taking some dosh of them for letting them advertise on his site.

Mike's attitude to these things is probably one of the reasons that this is by far the highest used forum in this industry in the UK.