This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JJdomestics

Work for the local council
« on: March 05, 2008, 02:47:28 pm »
I was wondering you anyone quotes for the local councils. I remember a few years back they sent me an invitation to a meeting where local business can put forward their services etc but I can't remember what is was called. I wasn't in the position to do that at the time but this is of interest now. Any thoughts??

Jo

Tim Downer

Re: Work for the local council
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 05:03:15 pm »
Hi Jo

Sounds like a breakfast club thing that a lot of local businesses do. Maybe try the local business link office.
I tried to quote for a few council type contracts just recently, but is quite hard to get the needed points to qualify to just get the quote, lol
Have fun

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

mxg

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 05:14:40 pm »
Jo

Have a look ay www.supply2.gov.uk where are low value (£100k!) public sector contracts are advertised - you can sign up to get all the relevant notices local to your area emailed to you. In 12 months there have been 2 relevant for us - we submitted a PQQ/pre qualification questionnaire but never made the short list and the next one we didnt even bother responding to because they wanted so much information even at the PQQ stage - it looked like they were only interested in dealing with the 'big boys'

And only today I had a letter from the local council advising me to sign up to another website where they will be advertising their tender details

But the odds are still stacked against the little guys

Good luck - hope this helps

Mick

JJdomestics

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:09:04 pm »
Well done chaps  ;D. Has anyone been on the Tendering for Success Course?

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 09:54:13 pm »
I'm going next week

JJdomestics

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 05:14:18 pm »
It would be good if you could let us know how you get on and your views on the course.

Jo

Jimmy1

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 07:45:38 pm »
Where is this course held?

Ive just applied for my first tender and am still waiting to hear. Dont hold much hope as new company, but never say never... Anyway the tender process itself was pretty straight forward, but here in Northern Ireland you are expected to be registered with Safe-t-cert and Construction Line. If you are you can go for any tender north or south. Its a lot of hassel (and expense) with anual audits etc etc...but I'm thinking its the way to go. What do you think?? Of course I'll also be doing domestic and commercial. (well thats the plan anyway!)

Jimmy1

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:19 pm »
Forgot to say I'm WFP.