Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

Re: DIY a gutter vacuum system
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2008, 08:53:32 pm »
i THINK that what he has done is known as "applied technology" by the patent office blokes and cannot be patented as it is simply an "application of existing technology for other purposes" so anyone can make their own system without worrying because all the gear to do it already exists

jeff1

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2008, 09:14:03 pm »
i THINK that what he has done is known as "applied technology" by the patent office blokes and cannot be patented as it is simply an "application of existing technology for other purposes" so anyone can make their own system without worrying because all the gear to do it already exists
This is were Glyn got angry-ish, he did threaten possible legal retribution if anyone copied his ideas? and built a Vac system, so he was asked by a member for his registered patent number and he chose to ignored the question.

The problem with forums like this is that they are shared by suppliers and users alike which means that it can be difficult to critisize or debate different ideas or products without causing a storm.
 I am very supprised at Glyn's attitude and seeming to delete his account in a huff. There are other suppliers who use this forum who take the critisism with good grace and refuse to get drawn into arguments. This obviously benefits them and us by acting proffessionally. I don't know Glyn or Omnipole but it has tainted my perception of his company and would make me think twice before using them. Maybe it's just me.

I agree with that Dave, the thing was no one critisize his products, they couldn't because he does sell good stuff.
They just argued about his claims to have copyright to the Vacuum system its even on his web-site with patent pending on it.

I must admit I was also very supprised at Glyn deleting his account. shame really.

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2008, 09:17:52 pm »
Oops was going to correct my spellings and deleted my post doh!

jeff1

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2008, 09:20:04 pm »
Oops was going to correct my spellings and deleted my post doh!
Ha Ha! how many have you had tonight????  ;D ;D ;D

Good Job I quoted you? or they would have thought I was talking to myself again  ;D ;D

* David Andrew Smith

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2008, 11:28:03 am »
Where can I see this gutter vaccum systems?

jeff1

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2008, 12:12:33 pm »

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2008, 12:47:58 pm »
What I want to know is, how can you modify the standard vac to accept 51mm bore hose?

Kev R

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2008, 05:34:57 pm »
What I want to know is, how can you modify the standard vac to accept 51mm bore hose?

Of course you can with a little engineering, but I thought this was best left to Omnivac  ;D

TennetClean

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2008, 05:40:39 pm »
Where can I see this gutter vaccum systems?

Wow a new member appears on the same day that Glyn omnipole deleted his account and asks where to find the gutter system.

Uncanny that is.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2008, 05:51:02 pm »

Of course you can with a little engineering, but I thought this was best left to Omnivac  ;D

Yea, but would it just be a question of an attachment adaptor?

Also, the cheapest vac on Gardiners, has a Dry: 38 litres / Wet: 26 litres capacity. Would that be enough on your normal Domestic customers?

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2008, 06:43:55 pm »

Also, the cheapest vac on Gardiners, has a Dry: 38 litres / Wet: 26 litres capacity. Would that be enough on your normal Domestic customers?
surely you just empty it when its full ???

Mr H

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2008, 07:27:17 pm »
It depends on how full the gutters are.
A customer who lives near a lot of trees and hasn't had them emptied for many years will probably need the 515 emptied once on the way round. Just empty it onto the compost heap or under a bush as most of what you take out will be just leaf debris and moss....
But to have a complete gutter cleaning system to do standard height houses for around the £500 mark..... I'm sure having the possability of emptying it once or even twice is a very minor inconvienience......

Regards
Mr H

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2008, 07:54:53 pm »
It depends on how full the gutters are.
A customer who lives near a lot of trees and hasn't had them emptied for many years will probably need the 515 emptied once on the way round. Just empty it onto the compost heap or under a bush as most of what you take out will be just leaf debris and moss....
But to have a complete gutter cleaning system to do standard height houses for around the £500 mark..... I'm sure having the possability of emptying it once or even twice is a very minor inconvienience......

Regards
Mr H

Absolutely, do you know how to modify the vac to take 51mm hose?

Mr H

« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2008, 08:57:53 pm »
No.... But then I have no need to as I use SL2 poles which are slightly smaller than 52mm anyway. It should be easy to do but I will have a look tomorrow.
Might just be a case of putting a larger inlet fitting on to the vacuum itself.

Regards
MR H

poleman

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2008, 10:18:42 pm »
Hi Mr H

Thanks for replying to my post, just to confirm! are you using a 38mm hose or 51mm hose!

Andy

Mr H

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2008, 07:31:50 am »
Hi Mr H

Thanks for replying to my post, just to confirm! are you using a 38mm hose or 51mm hose!

Andy

I use 8meters of 38mm from vacuum to pole and 1M of 52mm for the "U" shape section at the top. The SL2 has an internal diameter of 45mm.

To change the Vacuum from 38mm to 52mm would just be a case of unscrewing the 4 screws of the inlet connector, make the inlet hole slightly larger (very easy as its thin metal) and then replacing the inlet connector with a 52mm one.
I'm sure if you spoke to an industrial vacuum supplier they may be able to source the 52mm inlets for you.

Regards
Mr H

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2008, 08:11:54 am »
Aaah, very nice. I'm definitely going to do that then.

Any idea what's up with the price of the hose on Gardiners website? 10meter is £76!  :o  ???

Mr H

« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2008, 08:22:38 am »
Aaah, very nice. I'm definitely going to do that then.

Any idea what's up with the price of the hose on Gardiners website? 10meter is £76!  :o  ???

Thats not a bad price m8... It only works out at £6 + vat per meter

M Winner

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2008, 03:56:06 pm »
Old Master wrote
Standard ISSA 515M 1 x1200 watt motor 38mm outlet £195.00
Standard ISSA 640M 3 x1200 watt motors 38mm outlet £457.00
10metres 38mm black hose our price £39.00

Mr H

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2008, 05:34:24 pm »
Old Master wrote
Standard ISSA 515M 1 x1200 watt motor 38mm outlet £195.00
Standard ISSA 640M 3 x1200 watt motors 38mm outlet £457.00
10metres 38mm black hose our price £39.00

That is an even better price, but check quality as some 38mm hose can be over £11 per meter.

Regards
Mr H