This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Peter Fogwill

Re: DIY a gutter vacuum system
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2008, 07:49:41 pm »
but joe, its a vaccum attached to a hose to a length of pipe

will "hoover" be onto dyson for using the idea of a vaccum cleaner to suck up dirt

i cannot see it really and as its been said above, just looks like glyn is trying to " flex some muscle" and scare a few on a forum into not building a gutter vaccum cleaner  :( a bit sad really

Hoovers patent ran out many years ago that is why Dysons and others are on the market now.  You have protection for I think 20 years to give you time to gain a foothold in the market and establish your business.  That is why a Dyson is called a hoover.

Dyson have many Patents on their machines, but none of them are for sucking dirt, unless it is for sucking dirt more effectively.

Peter

matt

« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2008, 11:11:43 pm »
but joe, its a vaccum attached to a hose to a length of pipe

will "hoover" be onto dyson for using the idea of a vaccum cleaner to suck up dirt

i cannot see it really and as its been said above, just looks like glyn is trying to " flex some muscle" and scare a few on a forum into not building a gutter vaccum cleaner  :( a bit sad really

Hoovers patent ran out many years ago that is why Dysons and others are on the market now.  You have protection for I think 20 years to give you time to gain a foothold in the market and establish your business.  That is why a Dyson is called a hoover.

Dyson have many Patents on their machines, but none of them are for sucking dirt, unless it is for sucking dirt more effectively.

Peter

well you learn something new everyday ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2008, 12:21:55 pm »
I've only just seen this one. Looks like a brilliant idea. From what I see it is different to omnipoles idea in that you suck through the pole and not a hose running the length of the pole. That from what i see is an original idea. Saves on the weight making a lot lighter than the omnipole I imagine.

Maybe the part that Glynn was worried about was the attatchment at the top as that does look very similar.

Regarding the the blockage in the narrow hose before the vac why not develop a small trap box before the inlet. In fact if it didn't take away from the overall suction which if the seals are good I don't think it would, it could increase the capacity of the vac.

Again a great idea.

Simon.

M Winner

« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2008, 01:56:37 pm »
Their units do suck through the pole
www.omni-guttervac.com

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2008, 02:47:18 pm »
Thats an interesting website ! - never seen it before.
 I thought the omni was outside the pole. But now realise that from one of the pics under "gutter vac system" That one version at least is through the alu pole, so the pole dia. looks to be about 2" to match the larger 510mm new hose.

cvdewsbury

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2008, 02:57:57 pm »
unsure about the system from omnipole mysen too!!

I currentley use a 30foot powerpole and was told that it could be adapted for gutterwork when purchasing it 18 month back.....maybe Glyn could enlighten us??

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2008, 03:01:48 pm »
I found the " power pole " I hired too whippy, even when the pressure was throttled back. Also 30ft aint quite high enough for my area.

Kev R

« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2008, 05:05:22 pm »
I found the " power pole " I hired too whippy, even when the pressure was throttled back. Also 30ft aint quite high enough for my area.

Jeff using a pressure washer over about 30ft requires a support pole. We use Omnipoles powerpole and pressure wash up to 48ft with no problems, but it is a two man operation over 30ft.

Thats an interesting website ! - never seen it before.
 I thought the omni was outside the pole. But now realise that from one of the pics under "gutter vac system" That one version at least is through the alu pole, so the pole dia. looks to be about 2" to match the larger 510mm new hose.

The pictures on the far right and left are pictures of me  ;).

The new pole used for the omnivac is about 50mm and is made from aluminum it is semi- telescopic. The vacuum is inside this tube.  We find the 38mm attachment for gutters blocks too often so we prefer the quicker and thicker 50mm tool  extension, however the omnivac is supplied with both tools. (we use the 38mm tool only in really narrow gutters (once in a blue moon).

Hope this helps

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2008, 05:57:38 pm »
Kev, thanks it does help.

Could you/someone  explain "semi telescopic" -is it only the bottom one ?
Whats the weight/length  of each section ?

Kev R

« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2008, 06:15:26 pm »
Kev, thanks it does help.

Could you/someone  explain "semi telescopic" -is it only the bottom one ?
Whats the weight/length  of each section ?

Hi Jeff, each section is made up of two sections of aluminum tube, an inner tube and an outer tube that slide together one inside the other. You just add one two section piece to the other to get the length you want. If you see what I mean. The vac hose connects to the bigger tube and the section with the attachments is very slightly narrower. you just add a inside tube outside tube inside tube until you get the length you require. Each section is about 6ft. Im not sure of the weight but at 48ft its no problem. This is as high as I have attempted.

I personally find it easier to put the pole together on the ground then lift it into position, if its too short or too long I adjust it on the nearest telescopic section while its in position.

;)Kev

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2008, 06:21:33 pm »
OK so they are parallel modulars that slide inside each other  :)
Just printed off the adobe pics on the website -very good clarity.

Kev R

« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2008, 06:28:46 pm »
You said it better than I could Jeff.. LOL  ;D

poleman

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2008, 02:58:20 pm »
Good news!

My order for this Vacuum Cleaner should be with me today, its ex demo, so got a big discount, down side if you wont to order one, the new stock wont be in for 6 or 7 weeks, but I am sure you can pre order or put your name down

http://www.easterntrading.co.uk/shop/shop.php?action=full&id=5&PHPSESSID=f0fb92898f669fcaeb55b0e3e92727f0

Phoned this company www.morclean.co.uk for 51mm hose and they have also been able to supply me with the 51mm inlet for the Vacuum Cleaner, so just need to cut a 51mm hole in the side

Cost so far is just over 200 pounds, just need to sort a vaccum pole, which I have been looking at 51mm (5 foot sections) rain down pipes!

Andy

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2008, 03:51:27 pm »
Excellent poleman. Sounds very good. Looking forward to it! :)

Mr H

« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2008, 08:24:51 am »
Hows the new vacuum doing Poleman....?

Regards
Mr H

poleman

« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2008, 08:43:16 pm »
Vacuum cleaner come in this week, But I didn't realize it was so big! I order 7meter 51mm hose when really should have got 15 meters to help with getting around houses with out moving the vacuum cleaner to much, but I will find out on the 1st job!

Next is to get up to the gutter! SL2 would do the job and its my last resort @ £335 I have been talking to someone I know how uses rain down pipe (51mm) which is very cheap £5 meter but in his words "its not the best" just email stream tonight as they do a lightweight aluminium pole http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-45-FT-LIGHTWEIGHT-ALUMINIUM-WATER-FED-POLE_W0QQitemZ230230418350QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230230418350 and I might be able to buy sections! any way I will see what they have to say and go from there  :)

Andy 

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2008, 08:51:26 pm »
Has anyone considered a petrol alternative to the vac? Most of my custies are out when I clean,.. and a generator big enough to power a triple motor vac will be expensive, heavy, and take up a lot of space in my van!

Mr H

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2008, 08:54:22 pm »
Remember that when using the SL2 its ONLY the bottom base sections that you need..... So if your not in thmarket for an actual wfp pole yet then just buy the number of section you need. 4 will cost £208 and get you up to 21 feet plus your reach of 3 - 4 feet.....

Regards
Mr H

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2008, 08:58:49 pm »
Could something like this be modified to suit:
http://www.mower-magic.co.uk/acatalog/Windy_Wheeled_Vacuum.html

Mr H

« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2008, 09:06:30 pm »
If you can get the equivalant of 3600watts of suction power from it then yes it could work, but it doesn't say what size pipeing it takes. needs to be 38mm minimum really. And that collection bag would get very messy if there was a lot of sludge and water to clean away.

Regards
Mr H