Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Soffits and water
« on: February 19, 2008, 05:11:03 pm »
Can anyone see a problem with squirting water up into the soffit vents to clean them? I am thinking that most of the water would drain straight back out. What about the pressure washing guys do you do this?

pjulk

Re: Soffits and water
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:21:36 pm »
Done it with a pressure washer and also WFP and you get black streaks or dirty water marks from all the dust.

For best results you can't beat doing them by hand.

Paul

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:33:29 pm »
They come up lovely wfp i am more worried about water entering the soffits.

TERRY AB

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 05:36:29 pm »
I do the soffits with a standard telescopic pole and an applicator. Using a dry/unused
second applicaor to dry off. Much quicker than WFP and no problems with water damage.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »
Can anyone see a problem with squirting water up into the soffit vents to clean them? I am thinking that most of the water would drain straight back out. What about the pressure washing guys do you do this?
Dave
The thing you have to watch with useing a pressure washer for this type of work, is actually blowing the soffits out of there seating, most modern soffits are just sat into place, blast the pressure washer directly upwards and it may disloge it, resulting in ladders out to reseat the soffit,  :'( if you angle the jets at more of an angle to the soffit you can get away with it, some soffits are fixed down into place, if this is the case then blast away, but direct as little as possible at the vents.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:29:56 pm »
Ah that might explain something. I did a soffit clean yesterday wfp and noticed the vents were sort of squashed and distorted into the slots before i washed them, so maybe someone had blasted them before with a pressure washer.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 10:50:28 pm »
i have a soffit clean to do tommorow, i think i will use wfp mostly with the water off, then rinsing at the end. With ladders backup it might be easier..