This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Grafters Cleaning Services

another one bites the dust part 2
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:12:29 am »
On the 1st feb i started a thread see http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=49651.0
On Sunday i rang his number and his wife answered the phone, i ask firstly how he was and when will he be returning to work and she replied that although he is back on his feet he will never be the same again and  is still suffering badly from the effects of the fall as is still in a lot of pain and will never be able to clean windows again.

After offering I disagreeistance if i could help out she replied that he has since got rid of his round (fair play to him)
By my point here is that this guy has lost his liver hood and had to give up a good business and will now suffer for the rest of his life due to a ladder fall, when really there was no need for this to happen in this day and age.
We can all see that wfp makes sense!
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Adam Boss

Re: another one bites the dust part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 12:31:21 pm »
same old,same old.
Sorry about his fall but again just in case anyone can't understand, the ladder is NOT the enemy, it is how they are used, if not used in the correct manner then people will have falls and have only themselves to blaime !.
Why drag it up again Grafters ? you use a car in the wrong way then you will crash and die maybe, use things correctly and you will be fine.
Yea WFP does make sense but don't use it correctly and you could cause injury to yourself or some one else. Spent water freezing or trailing hoses and falling poles. These might not happen but used in the wrong manner then it could!!.
Regards
EST: 1988

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 02:08:55 pm »
I'm money mad. Didn't like ladders and am also clumsy. 50p a climb didn't seem right.
Yes I've switched, but as soon as some one gets a twenty pound note out for a gutter etc I can't get up them fast enough.I use steps a lot too to pole off and cons etc. If I fell i'd feel pretty stupid.

I want those feet things of jeffs, because my ladders have slipped. I should make more effort to order them but I didn't trust the sites payment method.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:27:38 pm »

Why drag it up again Grafters ?

safety awareness?

seems good enough reason to me!
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Mike_G

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:55:58 pm »
Why do so many people spend so much time trying to justify the use of WFP. It is a good system but if you use ladders that's fine too it is just two different ways of doing the same job and there are pros and cons with both. Safety is always thrown up but there are risks with most things we do in life, maybe we should all stop working, wrap ourselves up in cotton wool and hope the door bell doesn't ring incase its the boogeyman.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:58:25 pm »
Safety is always thrown up but there are risks with most things we do in life, maybe we should all stop working, wrap ourselves up in cotton wool and hope the door bell doesn't ring incase its the boogeyman.

I was about to post a reply but theirs someone at the door be back soon.....

Dean

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 05:06:29 pm »
Good comment Mike_G - balance and caution is the key what ever you use.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 07:16:54 pm »
With so many w/c's gonig WFP who stop using their ladders, when the need arises to go back up ladders, many will have accidents because they have become ladder shy and lost their bottle. I go up a very long ladder twice a month so I don't have this problem. I'm not scared of heights, the only thing that bothers me is the impact when hitting the ground below, lol

matt

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 07:51:13 pm »
I'm money mad. Didn't like ladders and am also clumsy. 50p a climb didn't seem right.
Yes I've switched, but as soon as some one gets a twenty pound note out for a gutter etc I can't get up them fast enough.I use steps a lot too to pole off and cons etc. If I fell i'd feel pretty stupid.

I want those feet things of jeffs, because my ladders have slipped. I should make more effort to order them but I didn't trust the sites payment method.

rojak ladder stopped, get the bigger type and you will be happy

i park my cart side on against the ladders stopper, its not going anywhere

Adam Boss

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:26 pm »
At last, realistic posts. ;) ;)
Not one sided as was the first post, not having a go but think before posting one sided posts. We should all be safe aware ( i know I am ).

Regards
EST: 1988

jonah

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 08:54:49 pm »
I fell off my ladders ten years ago and it was because I had the ladders at an unsafe angle ! Now I make sure the ladders are at a safe angle .             

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 10:38:10 pm »
I ride a motorbike and a racing cycle - I know that drain covers and diesel spills will have me off if I hit them at the wrong angle - I've 30 yrs experience but I don't mind being reminded of the consequences of one little slip ...

So even if you're the safest ladder user in the UK, a reminder of the consequences of a slip shouldn't get your blood pressure up!
It's a game of three halves!

xxmattyxx

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 08:24:58 am »
Safety is always thrown up but there are risks with most things we do in life, maybe we should all stop working, wrap ourselves up in cotton wool and hope the door bell doesn't ring incase its the boogeyman.

I was about to post a reply but theirs someone at the door be back soon.....

Dean

I take it the Boogeyman paid Dean a visit, anyone seen him since he had a knock at the door?

;D