This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

? for DRWINDOWS
« on: February 18, 2008, 10:31:09 pm »
hi I use a thermopure as well and have got a few ? for you
1. does it start or fire up first turn of the switch as mine wont in fact it took 6 tries to get it going today as is worst when its cold, when its going its fine all good but in the morning its a bitch to get going we were just if you have had any grief with yours. the smoke lasts for 2/3 Min's before its clears and is so embarrassing as it fills the whole street coz the exhaust fills with unused diesel.
2. have you fitted a thermostatic valve or controller to regulate the temp or do you use it just hot ?? Edd

NWH

Re: ? for DRWINDOWS
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:53:36 pm »
1. does it start or fire up first turn of the switch as mine wont in fact it took 6 tries to get it going today as is worst when its cold, when its going its fine all good but in the morning its a bitch to get going we were just if you have had any grief with yours. the smoke lasts for 2/3 Min's before its clears and is so embarrassing as it fills the whole street coz the exhaust fills with unused diesel.
2. have you fitted a thermostatic valve or controller to regulate the temp or do you use it just hot ?? Edd
That made me lol when you said it`s a pain to get going when it`s cold in the morning,that`s what it`s for isn`t it,cold mornings i mean lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:28:27 pm »
Edd, on really cold mornings, I sometimes have to start mine up twice because the first time it starts up for half a minute, cuts out, big puff of smoke, then shuts off. It's a pain in the *** for two minutes, but less hassle than using cold with heaters in the van, loading everything back in from the house, etc in the mornings.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 05:22:13 pm »
When i go hot i think i`m going the gas route,flick a button away you go.

Dale Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 07:05:20 pm »
v8edd, has your system frozen up yet?
Ours did yesterday, could not fill it up, same tonight. Will lose 2 days work  :'(
Praying now that it does not damage the system. Have got it wrapped in a quilt & sleeping blanket at the mo... :-\
Swindon, Wiltshire.

drwindows

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

Hi V8edd,

I must say I have never had this problem.  However, my van is parked overnight in a garage that gets a some residual heat from the house, so it never gets really cold.  Why don't you give ionic a call?  When I first started I had tons of questions (mainly about general window cleaning stuff), I was never off the phone to them and they always managed to help me.  Is your thermopure still under warranty?

Dave

PS I dont have a thermostat valve, I just use it as is.