This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave hook

free websites
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:15:02 pm »
Are the free websites from micro soft really free? I saw a few people on here have them so i thought i would have a go at making one but its asking for card details! If it was free why they asking for bank details?
Money makes my world go round!

Wayne Thomas

Re: free websites
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:17:22 pm »
For validation purpose only

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 09:24:44 pm »
just sign up with your credit card and then cut it in 2 and get a replacement card. Just so there's no hidden suprises.
It's alright being free but i wonder if you would own the domain name and everything else or just the website content if they decided to charge in future?

brightnclean

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:25:25 pm »
Look at the small print.

They are free.. FOR NOW hence them wanting the card details.

This is a very clever ploy by M.S. They can afford to do it for now but they will charge at some point and by then there will be millions of small businesses with this type of website who will just carry on and pay the charges when they come because they wont want the hassle and having to spend time finding new hosts for their sites and building them again

LWC

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 07:37:55 pm »
my websties a free one too, have had it over a year with no charge, its so easy to use, simple, and to be fair, if they do charge it wont bother me unless its horrendous, had it free all this time, why not