This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pj

Is it worth it?
« on: February 18, 2008, 05:33:38 pm »
Home early today.

Tank filled
Outside tap isolated and insulated
Hosereel in heated shed
RO in heated shed
All disconnectable hoses in heated shed
Backpack in Garage
Pump, Varistream, battery and tank covered over in van
Electric oil heater on full in van

Already -2 freezing fog.

Is it worth it?

Yes!  Definitely!

It only took me 30 minutes to do all that, and 30 minutes again in the morning.

I'll be ready for anything by 10 am....And not before! ;D ;D 8) 8)

NWH

Re: Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 05:36:53 pm »
I started at 7.30 this morning and it was bitterly cold but i had no problems at all,get some isopropanol freezing problems over and it actually cleans better.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:38:35 pm »
And for that 30 minutes Pj, you will be out working and earning in the morning, who cares what time you start ;D Its the time you finish and the earnings in your pocket that count. 8)

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 05:41:52 pm »
I have brought all my stuff in i got froze last night and spent an hour this morning defrosting everything what a pain 
Will take five minutes to put everything back in the morning and i will be able to work all day

Dean

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 05:50:11 pm »
Only the hose from the tank to the pump was frozen this morning so within half an hour I was ready to go....then....lady across the road informs me of a large accident on the main road....right by my first 4 jobs! Traffic was backing up for miles so reversed my days work, got to my first job and watched my old extender pole colapse in front of me ???
The top section was so brittle and worn it snapped into two as it came down.
Not a good start really eh!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 07:14:25 pm »
I got caught out last night.  There were a few frozen things in my van this morning.  I wasn't expecting to work today as I have a streamer of a cold but I eventually crawled out there and plodded around from anout 11 am.  Picked up 2 new customers without looking - total value £350 a year - so it wasn't too bad a day in the end.  I didn't do much and finished very early too but considering how I felt etc, I think £65 was a reasonable return.

ian m

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 07:28:12 pm »
Went to my first job today  9am.

I had left my bucket in the boot of the car over the weekend, it was full of ice, my applicators were blocks of ice.

I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 07:46:31 pm »
I started at 7.30 this morning and it was bitterly cold but i had no problems at all,get some isopropanol freezing problems over and it actually cleans better.
                                                                                                            couldnt agree more
where theres muck theres money