This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jaykie

Liability & Tools Insurance
« on: February 18, 2008, 03:35:35 pm »
Ive just had a load of quotes off insurance companys for liability and tools cover only to find out that none of them cover you for the window your working on or over 15 metres, also tools cover will only cover you while working so if your van gets stolen over night and all your stuff is stolen your not covered, WFP and your van gets burnt out you maybe looking at a lot of money to set back up, , its only when i asked the question that they told me so when i phoned the previous quotes they where all the same. But i phoned FWC ( federation for window cleaners) i get £5 million public liability and £6000 tools cover which is total cover for £340 minus £50 if your a FWC member. Thought id share this info so you could check with your insurance companys exactly what your covered for.

http://www.fwc-insurance.co.uk/window_cleaners_tools_insurance.htm     

08448156211 insurance quote

Chris

chris@c.m.s

Re: Liability & Tools Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 04:47:03 pm »
I think in most cases its not worth paying the extra few hundred pounds to cover the window your working on. unless they are really large and expensive windows you would still have to pay the first £200 of any damage anyway and in most cases that is more than a domestic window would cost to replace.

As for tools cover I took some out when I renewed my van insurance last week, I think it was about £65 for £1500 worth of cover, as I have a self built system that's ample for me, at night I was told to cover over any equipment in the van to keep it out of sight.   
Sussex by the sea

[GQC] Tim

Re: Liability & Tools Insurance
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:01:12 pm »
What about Alexander Swan insurances? They are advertised in the WC Pro mag?

http://www.alexanderswan.com/products.asp