Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pjulk

Froze again
« on: February 18, 2008, 12:20:28 pm »
Got up this morning and van system frozen again.
I have the pipes lagged and the pumps covered but still frozen.

And the sun is out and i can't work.

Been out there this morning to try and defrost with a hair dryer to no avail.

This is the only thing that cheeses me off about WFP losing work as everything has froze.

I can't run a heater to my van as my van is parked in a car park outside my house.

And i don't trust having a parafine heater in there as knowing my luck to van will go up in flames.

Paul

twt

Re: Froze again
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 12:25:31 pm »
try to modify your system so that you have a valve/tap at the outlet of the tank, then at night turn this off and drain pumps and hose of water. this way in the morining the pump and the hose will not be frozen.( they may have a very small amount of ice in them but this will quickly melt). and you could also try this http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_56&products_id=377 it can be run from a leisure battery.

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »
I have taps to turn the water off at the tank and at the pump but the way i run the hose's im sure is why it keeps freezing as im running the hose behing the vans panneling so it looks tidy.

But i think i will have to get some sort of valve to drain the system.

I try and get it out but unless i disconnect all the jubliee clips most of the water stays in there.

Now i will have a look at the link.

Paul

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 12:32:19 pm »
Great link i will order one of those.

I have a spare leisure battery.

paul

Pat Purcell

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 12:32:32 pm »
Paul, i dont have a solution for the tank of water freezing, but for the pipes and hoses , after your last job, disconnect the pipe from the tank and attach it to a container of windscreen washer fluid, pump it all the way through until it comes out the other end, In the morning just turn on the pump again and pump back into the container, If you have a di then dont run fluid through it
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:35:44 pm »
Thanks pat will give that a go.

Paul

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 01:40:10 pm »
Had the van heater in overnight.
It was -2 until 10 am everything freezes, its was a surreal hell and heaven day, I even got my diy "warm" system out and the glass still froze when I left. Its hot enough to sunbathe now. Thanfully not many days in the year like this. Blue skies showing up every fault as well.
Same tomorrow  ???

GAZZA B

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 03:12:34 pm »
Hi Paul,

Just get a backpack, keep it indoors, this will mean you can start cleaning first thing, and when things warm up use the van, job done! ;D ;D

Gazza

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 03:43:43 pm »
I got caught out again this morning i just never learn stripped out all the hoses and dismantled the pump put them all in hot water and everything was fine took about an hour though  :-\

Dean

pjulk

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 04:27:49 pm »
Just get a backpack

Not a good idea as i have already had a back operation and don't fancy another.

Paul

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 04:29:31 pm »
In did get a bit done eventually got one pump working other one's still froze.

The one i got working i have now put windscreen washer fluid in the pipe's so hopefully it will be ok tomorrow.

Paul

mark f

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 04:36:52 pm »
i got caught out today . first time all has frozen this winter. did ladder work until 10:30 then all good.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »
My pump froze again - inside the van mounted to a board with bubble wrap behind it then the pump wrapped in several more layers of bubble wrap then wrapped in a duvet backed up the van as close to the house as possible - just how cold did it go last night?

Adam Boss

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 04:52:29 pm »
Even worse tonight boys, -6 oC .No problem for me tradding away from 7am. Got loads done  ;)
Regards
Adam
EST: 1988

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 04:53:37 pm »
Apart from having my Tank insulated, when I get home like today, I get my hi-vis coat out of the boot and chuck it over the hose, I also chuck a lumber jacket over the pump and filter, Never had a problem yet and this morning I was scraping ice of my windscreen.

Use an old quilt this is bound to keep the frost off it, I know its a pain in the bum having to keep covering/uncovering every night/morning but a least i can go to work.
I also bring my backpack indoors Just incase.

BVC

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 04:56:48 pm »
Hi Paul,

Just get a backpack, keep it indoors, this will mean you can start cleaning first thing, and when things warm up use the van, job done! ;D ;D

Gazza

CUE GROUNDHOG!!!! ;D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 04:57:23 pm »
I have just brought in my backpack pump and two di vessels not getting caught out again

Dean

BVC

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 04:57:37 pm »
Even worse tonight boys, -6 oC .No problem for me tradding away from 7am. Got loads done  ;)
Regards
Adam

Well they say every dog has its day! ;D

Adam Boss

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 05:44:47 pm »
Wasn't having a dig BVC, I also use WFP but only when I need to. Prefer to trad cos it gives less problems so just use it a another tool of my trade.
EST: 1988

GAZZA B

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 07:10:42 pm »
Paul,

Why would it be a problem with your back?
just put it on a small trolley.

Gazza