Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Mexican hand made rug (dye bleed)
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:58:01 am »
Had a call last week re cleaning this rug.Was left in the way of builders and got dirty.Said £35 over the phone all well i thought..Got to the job to find the rug screwed up in back garden exposed to frost and rain.Told custy it would be very hard to get it to flatten out again.Did a dye bleed test usinng p/s/gold and got a big red blotch where i tested,told custy that i could not clean it as possibility dye would run together and end up looking like a car crash.He said he didn`t care and just wanted to see if i could save it,So i cleaned it on his kitchen floor which had underfloor heating.was kneeling on my towel so as not to get wet knees
look at the bleed have you seen anything quite so bad ?
What goes around comes around

markpowell

Re: Mexican hand made rug (dye bleed)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:46:09 pm »
What did you use to clean it with, did you get a transfer on the red test?
Mark

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:25:54 am »
Prochem B109 fibre and fabric rinse. did a test using p/s/gold then also tried multi pro but got bleed from both ?

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 10:14:31 am »
you should have first tested with multi-pro diluted 1-8 with water and if you get transfer then do same test with fabric fibre diluted 1-4 if you get transfer from both then it should be dry clean only!!!
Mark

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 03:11:27 pm »
Yes did point that out to customer,but he insisted i clean it,was going in the bin otherwise as builders had covered it in muck  :-[