This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: New to Cleanitup
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 05:34:06 pm »
Another newbie taking the plunge.

Don't come on here much to be honest but when I do pick up a few interseting bits and bobs.

Thanks
Yeah right don`t come on here much,what do you mean this week lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LWC Ltd

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 05:40:35 pm »
Yeah right don`t come on here much,what do you mean this week lol

Do I have a user name like someone else? That's twice I get the feeling I'm getting mixed up with someone else!

NWH

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 05:49:48 pm »
LWC i thought you just added the ltd bit.

LWC Ltd

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 06:01:57 pm »
No worries

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 06:13:58 pm »
Devizes? just down the road from you, you have probably entered the windowcleaning market just in time, there seems to be a lot of units working this area with pure water systems - well done.

Dale Smith

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 07:01:18 pm »
Welcome Dave & welcome LWC Ltd,

Dave your story is the same as mine, the only differences are that it's bruv & me. We have invested in the same system as you, did'nt go the whole hog with the van though, saved a bit by buying an older Vivaro.
We love the job as well, both got out of warehousing to do this summer of last year.
We work in Devizes as well, so look forward to seeing you out & about  ;D
If you ever see us (Spotless Window Cleaners), come & have a chat.

Cheers
Swindon, Wiltshire.

drwindows

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 08:41:55 pm »
Hello, wow lots of replies since I was last on here!

Its a small world I see, lots of members not too far from me, if you see me around say hello, though I hardly ever see other window cleaners.

drwindows where are you from,and if you don`t mind me asking did you buy the setup or do you lease.

I leased the van and system together over 5 years.  If I had really wanted to I could have bought it outright, but really there is not much point in doing that.  Okay, you save the cost of interest, but having a big chunk of capital tied up right from the start, not good for cashflow.  Better to spend that money on other things like food, mortgage etc!

Hello Dave (Dr Windows) and your partner.
You are very lucky to have a girlfriend who will actually climb up a ladder.
I wish you both all the success with your window cleaning for the future.
I look forward to reading your posts.
Good luck, Wayne
Yes she is really great.  I dont make her do ladder work unless its absolutely necessary though!

Welcome Dave & welcome LWC Ltd,

Dave your story is the same as mine, the only differences are that it's bruv & me. We have invested in the same system as you, did'nt go the whole hog with the van though, saved a bit by buying an older Vivaro.
We love the job as well, both got out of warehousing to do this summer of last year.
We work in Devizes as well, so look forward to seeing you out & about  Grin
If you ever see us (Spotless Window Cleaners), come & have a chat.

Cheers

Hi Dale, yes I'll look out for your van and we could go for a coffee.  Hey small world.  I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this business is the best thing since sliced bread.  Some friends and family thought I was nuts when they found out we were starting window cleaning, but now they want in on the action!

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome good to meet you all and I'll look forward to reading all your comments.