This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve m

can you...........
« on: February 17, 2008, 08:55:48 pm »
just out of curiosity, can you run two pumps off of one varistream?????

d s windowcleaning

Re: can you...........
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:00:18 pm »
i dont think you could i may be wrong but i reckon it wouldnt work .
where theres muck theres money

steve m

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 09:01:29 pm »
any one else?

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:04:20 pm »
doubt it look at the wiring..... ???

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 09:14:43 pm »
from what i know about ESC electronic speed controllers when i used to fly petrol & electric radio control aircraft, i would say you can, But usually to handle two motors, the speed controller (the varistream is an electronic motor speed controller + a few features) would need to have a higher Amperage to handle the power, and the wires would need to be thicker gauge. So basically i dont think you can easily do it without modifying the green board inside, and voiding the warrenty (not that the 6/8mm doesnt do that already)

no

buy another one

i think

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:20:26 pm »
Can't you run one pump then put a y peace in and run two poles

steve m

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 09:26:16 pm »
tried that but the water pressure between the two hoses was diffrernt. I just wanted to run it till we got another varistream

alanwilson

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 09:36:26 pm »
no you can't - the varistream is a simple load sensor - what that means is the varistream senses when the pressure increases by the increased current draw from the pump.

by adding a second pump the varistream senses twice the amount of load (amps) and will shut off.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 09:50:46 pm »
There is a way you can run anothere pump without the varistream . if you do search for it you will find it ,but i think you put a y peace in the hose on the out let and run hose back into the water container and aconect your pole hose as normal any back presure goes back into the container.
Or something like that ,it will get you by for a while

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 09:55:29 pm »
how about, using the 1 pump for both reels/hoses like you said you tried with a Y peice connector, but if you dont have them allready, 2 control flow valves on the end, so you have the varistream up high, and control the flow both seperately, because normally i have the flow valve half shut or something to minimise water usage unnecessarily, then if your both doing that, the pressures should be fine?

steve m

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 10:16:25 pm »
used them with flow control valves as well. Dont know if it was because we have 8mm minibore. Can I not just run the new pump using the pressure switch only with a flow control valve

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 08:11:04 pm »
used them with flow control valves as well. Dont know if it was because we have 8mm minibore. Can I not just run the new pump using the pressure switch only with a flow control valve
                                                                                                            yes you can do it like that mate i run mine for months like that and never had a problem .
where theres muck theres money

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 09:29:16 pm »
1 Battery, 1 pump, 1 varistream, 1 'Y' piece and 2 hosereels work but waterflow is slow but just about adequate for 2 persons working slowly.
Best off running 1 battery, 2 pumps, 2 varistreams and 2 hosereels. Better flow of water for both people and both controlled/ adjusted to suit their individual speed of work.

steve m

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 11:06:11 pm »
yeh, tried this morning and not a hope. In the end just ran the new pump straight from the battery and adjusted the pressure switch to the pole. The main problem at the moment is the amount of water it seems to get through

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 11:21:45 pm »
yeh, tried this morning and not a hope. In the end just ran the new pump straight from the battery and adjusted the pressure switch to the pole. The main problem at the moment is the amount of water it seems to get through

If it's too much waterflow, you can restrict it with one of them hoselock flow controllers fitted straight onto the hosleock connections. or with one of them gas/water type flow restrictors/taps that fit on the micro/minibore hoses at the end of the pole as sold by Gardiners and the like on their websites