Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vivaro 013

builders clean
« on: February 17, 2008, 08:00:30 pm »
can someone explain whats involved in a builder clean

tyou

L.J.Thorpe

Re: builders clean
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:06:33 pm »
you should get a spec sheet from builders...it varies .Are you dealing direct with builders or are you subbed?I have done buidcleans ranging from outside glass only to in,out ,all exterior plastic bay roofs and garage doors so  ??? what does the builder or contractor want

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:11:14 pm »
The builders cleans i have done have been glass only

Dean

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:43:21 pm »

tyou
Make sure you get clear instructions as to what the expect from you, most want the frames included, so price accordingly.
Most of the windows will be caked with lumps of cement and plaster, stickers etc as will the frames, now to clean all this mess you will need scrapers (various types) also its good to buy yourself a bottle of stick stuff remover, trying to get stickers off with just water and a scraper you will be there forever, some manufacturers are now useing water soluable stickers, so if you get the chance do a test first.

Just a small window can take you a fair while to clean, so make sure you price it right, you'll make a huge mistake if you don't, get the price right and your well away.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 08:45:13 pm »
vivaro reply with info and we can help :) minimum for glass is removal of adhesive labels and associated residue,removal of all building materials on glass ie mortar plaster silicon paint grout etc then "clean and polish glass " thats what it says on a lot of my spec sheets ;)

steve m

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:00:43 pm »
the easiest way to explain it is when you have finished, it should look like a a frame from one of your domestic cleans when you have finished cleaning it

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 09:05:43 pm »
the easiest way to explain it is when you have finished, it should look like a a frame from one of your domestic cleans when you have finished cleaning it
what he said ;D

vivaro 013

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 10:14:51 pm »
vivaro reply with info and we can help :) minimum for glass is removal of adhesive labels and associated residue,removal of all building materials on glass ie mortar plaster silicon paint grout etc then "clean and polish glass " thats what it says on a lot of my spec sheets ;)

thanks for your reply , i take its only the outside involved or is insides as well

steve m

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 10:37:52 pm »
unfortunately its insides aswell. so hope and pray that the plasterers are good at what they do

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 10:52:01 pm »

tyou
Make sure you get clear instructions as to what the expect from you, most want the frames included, so price accordingly.
Most of the windows will be caked with lumps of cement and plaster, stickers etc as will the frames, now to clean all this mess you will need scrapers (various types) also its good to buy yourself a bottle of stick stuff remover, trying to get stickers off with just water and a scraper you will be there forever, some manufacturers are now useing water soluable stickers, so if you get the chance do a test first.

Just a small window can take you a fair while to clean, so make sure you price it right, you'll make a huge mistake if you don't, get the price right and your well away.
you should get a spec sheet from builders...it varies .Are you dealing direct with builders or are you subbed?I have done buidcleans ranging from outside glass only to in,out ,all exterior plastic bay roofs and garage doors so ??? what does the builder or contractor want
read these (no offence) ;Dthey should tell you what they want mate.....or you should ask them then you will know the score :)