This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Grafters Cleaning Services

I went to work today...Sunday
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:30:12 pm »
I went to work today  (the only time  I could fit it in) to do a builders clean, all windows and frames on 8 new builds.
Took me and my son to 2 hours to do as they were not to bad charged the builder £220 (paid already)

1 house was already occupied and had to do that 1 aswell and now the owner wants me to clean it monthly @ £15, so will be keeping my eyes on the others as and when there sold
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

jeff1

Re: I went to work today...Sunday
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:35:28 pm »
Nice one Jay
I must admit I try to stear clear of sunday work, but like you I had loads of builders cleans to do, so the only time to fit most of them in was on a sunday, Glad there all finished now, I get a chance to get my sunday roast again. 8)

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 03:50:52 pm »
Now i know where you get the name Grafters from  8) working sundays

well done mate

Brett

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 03:51:36 pm »
Nice one Jay
I must admit I try to stear clear of sunday work, but like you I had loads of builders cleans to do, so the only time to fit most of them in was on a sunday, Glad there all finished now, I get a chance to get my sunday roast again. 8)
hi jeff.
it don't bother me working sundays cos the missus also works
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:54:27 pm »

Oh to have the opportunity to work on a Sunday!

I got dragged around Asda for an hour, then had to take the missus and daughter for a walk ("the fresh air will do you good")...then for a pub lunch....£45 later ::)

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:05:41 pm »

I got dragged around Asda for an hour, then had to take the missus and daughter for a walk ("the fresh air will do you good")...then for a pub lunch....£45 later ::)
Think I would sooner work Sundays  ;D
Today being sunday, the house is infested by 3 daughters, 3 son-in-laws and 6 grandchildren all screaming and shouting,  :'( So I do think working sundays is a very good idea.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:23:45 pm »
I did two little shops, and hoped to be done by 8. But all my pipes were frozen,

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:30:36 pm »
I worked today as well.  First Sunday ever window cleaning for me.  Had a big job that I didn't finish yesterday, best to do at the weekend as cars make it impossible through the week.  I only did a couple of hours in the afternoon though just to finish off.  Even though the jobs a really good earner I would have still rather had the afternoon for family, don't think I'll make it a habit.

Simon.

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »

Think I would sooner work Sundays  ;D
Today being sunday, the house is infested by 3 daughters, 3 son-in-laws and 6 grandchildren all screaming and shouting,  :'( So I do think working sundays is a very good idea.

It was a "gastro-pub"...cheapest thing on the menu was sausages and mash...£9.95!!! The dirty thieving numptys!

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 05:02:33 pm »
I did two little shops, and hoped to be done by 8. But all my pipes were frozen,
You want to get a hot water system - problem solved. ;)

Feen

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 07:42:42 pm »
I worked today for a couple of hours. The reason being I had some flats to do that are above shops. I thought it would be sensible to do them on a Sunday when the shops were closed.. I forgot about all the worthy people going to church :) Had to keep making sure their Sunday finest didn't get a wee wash ;D
Feen

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 08:33:07 pm »
You want to get a hot water system - problem solved. ;)
                ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
where theres muck theres money

aztec

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 09:00:48 pm »
i work every sunday evening at a shopping centre cleaning the canopy glass above shops, 5pm till 8.30pm, still go out with the family during the day but i must admit the money is good but all i want to do when getting home from being out is not go to work!!!

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 06:46:49 pm »
Sunday is a good day to work because, like others have said, it gets you out of lots of jobs, going to church or visiting family. Lots of customers are out all week so there's always work you can do.

Sunday on the other hand is the best day to go shooting, clean the car or go to play football in the park with my sons.

You can't have it both ways.