This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Mason

how long should 5mm pole hose last
« on: February 17, 2008, 02:11:08 pm »
Seem to be getting holes in our pole hose all the time,using black insulating tape to hold the baby together.Is there any other hose out there,thats more manly for the job?

Wayne Thomas

Re: how long should 5mm pole hose last
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:13:09 pm »
What pole hose are using?

alanwilson

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:15:19 pm »
cleantech sell coplexyl on their site, much more heavy duty and still in good shape after over 4 years (used most days)

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_41&products_id=46

or you could try varitechs lite5mm pole hose.

clear pole tubing is so cheap we just replace it on the other poles when it is done anyway.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Simon Mason

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:18:05 pm »
From Tuckers,its black PVC,seems to hate the cold weather and thats where we're getting our problems.

Simon Mason

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 02:19:22 pm »
Alan,that blue hose go inside the pole?

alanwilson

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 02:21:49 pm »
just buy the cheap clear 5mm tubing from cleantech or wintecs.

we keep a 50m roll in each van just in case.

the blue hose goes up the inside of the pole, its a bit heavier but lasts for years.

for lightness buy the clear

for long life buy the blue

jeff uses blue algarde silicon hose but I don't know how long it would last.

Simon Mason

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 02:25:33 pm »
Been on the WFP for 4 months and have gone through two lengths of hose already.That normal?

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 02:25:42 pm »
cleantech sell coplexyl on their site, much more heavy duty and still in good shape after over 4 years (used most days)

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_41&products_id=46

or you could try varitechs lite5mm pole hose.

clear pole tubing is so cheap we just replace it on the other poles when it is done anyway.

I'll recommend that stuff. I use to use Tuckers black stuff, but it stiffens and cracks in the winter. I replaced mine with Varitech's superlite 5mm lite bright yellow pole hose, very supple and allows a decent flow through, doesn't crack and recoils very easily. I'd love some 8mm internal diameter of that stuff (superlite from Varitech) but don't know where I can get my hands on any. I've searched the internet for ages with no luck.

Simon Mason

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 02:27:28 pm »
Thanks for the advice lads,bless these forums!!

dai

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 04:39:50 pm »
Algarde silicon, the best I have used to date.
As recommended by Jeff Brimble, what more can I say Dai

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 07:14:16 pm »

Dai, what's the internal diameter, is it 4mm? I'm after some 6 or preferably 8mm internal hose, yellow, very similar to Varitech's superlite 5mm in yellow (very supple). The bigger the internal diameter of pole hose , the more water on the windows.....Forgot to mention, the superlite 5mmm lite is 2 core so it keeps my water hot which is why I'm looking for 6 or 8mm internal hose the same to increase my flow of water to the windows considerably more........

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 07:22:51 pm »
The reason I'm looking for superlite pole hose with larger diameter is because I want to keep minibore hose on my hosereel which is lighter to use than half inch normal hose, i.e. tricoflex. I won't use microbore because I can't get a decent flow of water. I've fitted 6mm 'Y' connectors instead of 4 or 2mm ones and replaced my 2mm jets with 3mm pencil jets where possible so I can get the maximum flow whilst keeping the lightest hose. I try to clean a window as physically quick as possible and am just trying to find every little thing that helps short of taking off the varistream unit and replacing the shureflow pump with a flojet one.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 07:24:14 pm »
I have tried to use silicone hose in 6mm ID size and it is absolutely useless. It seems to work OK (albeit with a much restricted flow) in the Algarde size, but as a larger hose it is too supple and almost impossible to work with. It gets jammed up inside the pole (if using it in a telescopic) and it tangles easily. It is excruciatingly expensive as well!

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 07:28:33 pm »
I have tried to use silicone hose in 6mm ID size and it is absolutely useless. It seems to work OK (albeit with a much restricted flow) in the Algarde size, but as a larger hose it is too supple and almost impossible to work with. It gets jammed up inside the pole (if using it in a telescopic) and it tangles easily. It is excruciatingly expensive as well!

Thank-you for your experience. I hadn't considered it because the hose internal diameter was (I believe) only 4mm. When I use to use my Ionics poles I noticed I wasn't getting a decent flow of water with the pole hose they supplied with the pole, so I took it out and replaced it with larger diameter pole hose, much better. I've tried using microbore and minibore as a pole hose similar to algarde too but because it's too stiff it gets caught in the pole when raising and lowering. That's why I'm after the other stuff that varitech sells in 5mm version

dai

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 08:16:55 pm »
I use it outside the pole, It gives me more than enough of a flow rate, mind you I could work from dawn to dusk with 250 litres. Dai

alanwilson

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 09:43:09 pm »
try this

8mm bore, 1.5mm wall thickness, just what you are looking for except that it wont have the best heat retaining properties.

http://www.altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=Subcategory4200

although that wont matter with a high flow rate as the water is going to spend no time at all in the clear tubing.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 10:06:06 pm »

Dai, what's the internal diameter, is it 4mm? I'm after some 6 or preferably 8mm internal hose, yellow, very similar to Varitech's superlite 5mm in yellow (very supple). The bigger the internal diameter of pole hose , the more water on the windows.....Forgot to mention, the superlite 5mmm lite is 2 core so it keeps my water hot which is why I'm looking for 6 or 8mm internal hose the same to increase my flow of water to the windows considerably more........
Have varitech got a website.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 10:14:56 pm »
does anyone else think it would be a good idea if all poles were made so that the bottom part of the pole is not flat with the hose coming out of the middle at the bottom, but slanted about 45 degrees, so the hose doesnt get squished so much when you lean it against a wall or sit it on the bottom?

alanwilson

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 10:26:50 pm »
we drill all our poles about 6 inches above the base to run the tubing out of, means you dont damage the pole tubing so much.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 10:35:51 pm »
I use 5mm id pole hose and i find it by far the best,all my poles have it and have lasted well over 18 months after changing it.